CRM

mdrnd
Participant

Creating a lead score based on list membership and marketing activity

SOLVE

Hey everyone,

Trying to build a lead score based no list membership and marketing activities.

What I'd like to do is that

1) I'd like to create a trigger with 2 or more list memberships. When a contact is a member of at least 2 lists, the lead score will be triggered. 

I know that I can select lists manually but this is not what I want.

2) Ifa contact participates at least two marketing activites, than the lead score will trigger.

PS: We're using Marketing Hub Enterprise.

Any suggestion is appericated.

Thank you,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd,

You've probably already noticed that neither of the two are a default feature, both require workarounds.

Regarding your first point, there are two options.

If the number of lists is small, you would simply spell out all combinations. Contact is in List A and B or in List A and C or in List B and C. These filters would have to be set up in a list which is then used for scoring, since scoring properties don't support the OR operator.

Alternatively, you would have zoom out a bit and rethink what makes a contact enter these lists and score the underlying filters, not the list memberships.

Regarding your second point, which marketing activities are you referring specifically? Some marketing activities are automatically counted, for example Number of unique forms submitted, Marketing emails delivered or Number of page views.

Happy to elaborate further if you share more details.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
PChalasani
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @mdrnd , I see a lot of HubSpot users grapple with such issues involving lead scores. Since your ultimate goal is prioritization of prospects, what if I told you there is an AI solution that learns from your data and accurately predicts which accounts are likely to become customers (Closed Won)? 

Our AI app XaiPient was designed to address exactly these types of issues, and completely eliminates tedious set of lead scoring rules.

Full disclosure: my app XaiPient is on the App Marketplace, it uses advanced AI to scan your historical prospects' journeys and learns how much weight various types of touchpoints should get, in order to predict the chance of a closed won deal within (say) 90 days.
The advantage? The AI liberates you from the work of setting up point-based rules, it's more accurate and easier to maintain as patterns and event-types change.

If you'd like to try it out, you can connect to it in the App Marketplace, it takes just a few seconds. Once you connect, our AI takes a day or two to pull your history data and train a model.
I am happy to help onboard you to it. 

0 Upvotes
mdrnd
Participant

SOLVE

Great, thanks.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd,

You've probably already noticed that neither of the two are a default feature, both require workarounds.

Regarding your first point, there are two options.

If the number of lists is small, you would simply spell out all combinations. Contact is in List A and B or in List A and C or in List B and C. These filters would have to be set up in a list which is then used for scoring, since scoring properties don't support the OR operator.

Alternatively, you would have zoom out a bit and rethink what makes a contact enter these lists and score the underlying filters, not the list memberships.

Regarding your second point, which marketing activities are you referring specifically? Some marketing activities are automatically counted, for example Number of unique forms submitted, Marketing emails delivered or Number of page views.

Happy to elaborate further if you share more details.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mdrnd
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thanks for your swift response. I thought of your first suggestion but the number of lists are +30 which makes hundreds and thousands of different combinations. Any other suggestion on this?

For the second point, the marketing activities I'm talkin about are marketing emails, form submissions and attanded marketing events.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd,

For the lists, you'll have to focus on the list criteria then and not the list membership.

Regarding the marketing activities, this is currently not possible in that form. Again, you'd have to set up all combinations. HubSpot scoring is not set up to support an "at least two" logic across different activities.

Generally, I'd recommend adjusting your scoring more to the HubSpot logic: Score on the aforementioned number properties. Give points for being a member in one list, but not multiple. Alternatively, score the list criteria, not the list membership.

I know, the tool should follow the requirements, not the other way around, but in this case it would simply be impossible or ridiculously high maintenance.

Hope this helps.

Karsten Köhler

CraigByer

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler -- Karsten - this is an intersting thread. I think what I am gathering is that it's okay to score a certain list membership. But you would not score multiple in terms of having people on multiple lists? Would you recomend we score more on activities alone and reach a threshold that way? Hard to know where to jump in.

0 Upvotes