CRM

alexagatiss
Contributor

Creating a filtered list

SOLVE

I'm trying to create an extremely filtered list with around 17 filters. I am able to create a list of about 6,523 when I am on the contact index but when I am on the list tool in HubSpot, it says there are no contacts found that meet the criteria-- even though I am using the same criteria as I did to create the "view" on the contact status. I have removed all of the filters and am adding them back one at a time and it appears that the tool itself is broken, or may not be able to handle all of the filters? 

Ideally, it would be an active list that is attached to a workflow where people who enter into the list automatically become marketing contacts and then when they are removed from the lsit they are marked to be removed from marketing contacts.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Creating a filtered list

SOLVE

Hi @alexagatiss,

Thank you!

The filtered view and list vary in a few places which could explain why the results differ drastically:

• The filtered view does not take into account the "or is empty", see for example
    • "No Longer at Company is none of Yes" vs "No Longer at Company is none of Yes or is empty"
    • Contact Status
    • Type
    • Invalid email address
    • Opted out of email marketing information
    • Associated Company
  • Job title is filtering as "contains exactly" in the view and as "is equal to any of" in the list.

Both would explain why the results differ.

If the list does not populate, I would assume it's one of these three:

• Job title filter (contains vs is equal)
  • Giving the list enough time to populate

Another way you can check which criteria cause different results is by taking a contact that you find in the filtered view and plugging it into the list filters, see "Test contact".

karstenkoehler_0-1688745570842.png

HubSpot will then tell you which criteria prevent the contact from entering the list.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

alexagatiss
Solution
Contributor

Creating a filtered list

SOLVE

Ok, thank you so much.

In case this helps anyone else, here's exactly what solved the problem. HubSpot support told me that views automatically includes the "or is empty," but it has to be manually entered for lists, so that's why I added that one. Thank you Karsten for finding the error for Type. I changed Job Title to "contains any of" to be more similar to the view. 

Thank you for mentioning the "Test contact" feature. I never would have known that it was there but it was really helpful. The views feature does not regard commas, while I think the list feature does. Job titels with commas had to be copied and pasted into the filters box. Thank you for all of your help. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Creating a filtered list

SOLVE

Hi @alexagatiss,

Can you please share a screenshot of the filters applied on the contact index page and a screenshot of the filters in the list?

You probably looked at this 100 times. I assume that there is probably a small nuance which is different and causing the issue and I'd like to be your second set of eyes.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

alexagatiss
Contributor

Creating a filtered list

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, thanks for getting back to me and offering to double check them., Here are screenshots...

view 1view 1view 2view 2view 3view 3view 4view 4view 5view 5list 1list 1list 2list 2list 3list 3

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Creating a filtered list

SOLVE

Hi @alexagatiss,

Thank you!

The filtered view and list vary in a few places which could explain why the results differ drastically:

• The filtered view does not take into account the "or is empty", see for example
    • "No Longer at Company is none of Yes" vs "No Longer at Company is none of Yes or is empty"
    • Contact Status
    • Type
    • Invalid email address
    • Opted out of email marketing information
    • Associated Company
  • Job title is filtering as "contains exactly" in the view and as "is equal to any of" in the list.

Both would explain why the results differ.

If the list does not populate, I would assume it's one of these three:

• Job title filter (contains vs is equal)
  • Giving the list enough time to populate

Another way you can check which criteria cause different results is by taking a contact that you find in the filtered view and plugging it into the list filters, see "Test contact".

karstenkoehler_0-1688745570842.png

HubSpot will then tell you which criteria prevent the contact from entering the list.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

alexagatiss
Solution
Contributor

Creating a filtered list

SOLVE

Ok, thank you so much.

In case this helps anyone else, here's exactly what solved the problem. HubSpot support told me that views automatically includes the "or is empty," but it has to be manually entered for lists, so that's why I added that one. Thank you Karsten for finding the error for Type. I changed Job Title to "contains any of" to be more similar to the view. 

Thank you for mentioning the "Test contact" feature. I never would have known that it was there but it was really helpful. The views feature does not regard commas, while I think the list feature does. Job titels with commas had to be copied and pasted into the filters box. Thank you for all of your help.