Creating a deal: Missing company when searching

cla
Occasional Contributor

Hi

When I add a new deal and search for what company I want this linked to, not all options are shown when writing the company name.

We have a company that is having the same company name but end with different countries like Company name Singapore, Company name Sweden and so forth. In this case Company name Brazil do not show on the list.

Thanks

Why is that?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @cla  The search functionality (when using the search bar or searching for an associated company from a contact property) relies on exact spelling to display results. For example a contact named Jon Snow will not show if J Snow is searched. The search also takes spaces bewteen letters into account. Can you check company name Brazil to ensure extra spaces or letters are not included in the property value? 

Thank you,

Ed  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
cla
Occasional Contributor

Hi

There is no extra space or anything like that. I think I have found the answer - Hubspot can only list maximum 20 results when searching for a company in the add a new deal-view.

Can you confirm this?

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

This is correct. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes