CRM

ZChurney3
Contributor

Creating a Mass List from [Record ID] Values

SOLVE

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding [Record ID] values. We have a long spreadsheet list (near 1,000) of only [Record ID] numbers and need to pull a list of all of these. Per a previous recommendation, I entered these all with a semi-colon after and HubSpot does not filter out [Record ID] numbers like that. It does for [Account ID] and [Email]. 

1. Why is this? The [Record ID] is currently being used as the unique key identifier. Is this incorrect?

2. Am I wrong and there is a way to pull a list of 1,000+ contacts and their data based only on [Record ID] numbers?

Thank you for your help in advance!!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

Thanks for sharing. The next best option would be to simply import these contacts based on the record ID. In other words, you import just the record ID column:

karstenkoehler_0-1675168366403.png

During the import, select to create a list and voilà, you have a list of all records by record ID.

The other proposed solutions are frankly unnecessarily complicated.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

Can you specify this part?

@ZChurney3 wrote:

HubSpot does not filter out [Record ID] numbers like that. It does for [Account ID] and [Email].

What exactly isn't working? Can you share a screenshot?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ZChurney3
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler - as you can see here, I tried to insert a small number of [Record ID] values with a semicolon as a separator but this is not possible when creating lists based solely on [Record ID]. When I use this same function for [Email] or [Account ID], the system is able to parse out all the data individually and show a full list of all contacts and their other data. I have a list of near 1,000 [Record ID] values onlyand it looks like the only way to get a full list is to paste each number in as (Record ID is equal to ___) OR (Record ID is equal to ___), .... Here is the problem-question: If someone sends you a list of hundreds or thousands of [Record ID] numbers and they want you to be able to retrieve the corresponding account data for all of those numbers, how do you retrieve it?

Bildschirm­foto 2023-01-30 um 16.06.16.png

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

Thanks for sharing. The next best option would be to simply import these contacts based on the record ID. In other words, you import just the record ID column:

karstenkoehler_0-1675168366403.png

During the import, select to create a list and voilà, you have a list of all records by record ID.

The other proposed solutions are frankly unnecessarily complicated.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ZChurney3
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much for the help and clarification! 

GRajput
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@ZChurney3 Hope you are doing well!

We can easily Pull out list of 1,000 records on the Record id basis. This can be achievable simply by Creating a Property first which would be single-line text. Let say with the name of (Temp record ID or Record id 1),then we will create an automation by Copying the property value 'Record id' to 'Temp record ID'.
By doing this we can simply create the List on the basis of temporarily created Property (Temp Record ID).

You can also take reference from the Screenshot below:

GRajput_0-1675165206264.pngGRajput_1-1675165250306.pngGRajput_2-1675165289564.png

We can also do the same for other objects as well (Company ID).

Best Regards!

Gaurav Rajput

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting