CRM

ferotis
Participant

Create static list from a workflow

Hi.

Basically, what i'm looking for is the posibility to create a static list inside of a workflow (as an action). You see, I want to create a "number type" property for contacts; then, the moment I create a ticket i'll send an email with  a form link and the Ticket ID as an special tag number, so the person will use that number inside the form, and by doing that, I want the system to create a static list and every person that uses that specific number will be added to the specific list named by the ticket ID; something like "training list for ticket XXXXXX"

7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ferotis,

Thank you for providing more context. Yes, at the moment what you're trying to achieve is not possible. Workflows neither support list creation nor automatic association of contacts with tickets.

At the moment, you'd have to manually create lists (before you can let workflows add contacts to these lists). You'd also have to manually associate these contacts with tickets.

(The biggest challenge here is that these student groups don't share an email domain that is exclusive to one group. This is what a lot of HubSpot's automatic object association is based on.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ferotis,

Could you explain why you've chosen to do things this way? If you could share what the overall goal of your process is, there might be an easier path to a solution. Why do you want contacts from a certain list to be associated with tickets?

HubSpot's tools are following a particular logic and it looks like you're currently working against that logic.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ferotis
Participant

Sure. The only thing I need is to associate a list of contacts right into a ticket automatically, because all communication for these contacts will remain inside the ticket. imagine a list of students that will receive a training. what i want is a static list with a specific amount of these students being associated to one ticket, so the trainer could maintain an direct communication and meeting scheduling with all of them, and the supervisor will be able to see the performance of this ticket and that group (the static list) at any moment. It must be this way, if not, we'll wait until its possible, in any case, thanks for your reply 😉

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ferotis,

List creation is not supported in workflows, as @Crystal_Hopper has already pointed out. Is there a reason you need these contacts in a static list? Reading your description, the Ticket ID would be stored on a contact record anyway – you'd be able to filter out these contacts at any time anyway?

If custom development is an option for you, then the API has an endpoint for creating new contact lists: https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/lists/create_list

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

ferotis
Participant

Thanks for your answer

Yes, I need to create automated static lists, from workflows. And then, I want to associate every single person inside that list (or with a tag number) associated to a ticket automatically created.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Hello @ferotis!

I do not see that a Workflow can "create" a list, either static or dynamic, using some parameters that are passed in a Workflow. The list must already exist. 

It means more work for you, but could you as part of your WF create a notification to yourself, or to a team, that tells them to create a List at the appropriate time in your WF? They would then create a Dynamic List that looks for the specified ticket number and pull all your contacts into that list. 

I'm not great with the API side of Hubspot, but perhaps there is a way to create a list. Here's the getting started documentation for APIs: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/overview

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
ferotis
Participant

thanks for your answer. 

That's precisely what i want to avoid. i want a static list automatically created by a workflow, any time a contact has some number type property known. 

0 Upvotes