CRM

Participant

Create multiple jobs/pieces of work under the same deal

SOLVE

Hi all

We are a recruitment and consulting company. Often, we we have one business development conversation (ie. one deal), we end up taking on several different discrete pieces of work from that deal. For example, they may choose to recruit several different role.

In order to align with our other systems, we want to be clear which specific jobs align with each deal. 1 deal may have 5 deals associated with it. Each deal needs a specific ID number

Is there any way, either natively or with third party add-ons, to attach different jobs/pieces of adding different jobs to each deal? At a minimum we would like to add multiple career IDs to each deal.

In other CRMs, I have seen these added as 'projects', which each have their own cards and available actions, but I don't see this functionality in Hubspot. 

1 Accepted solution
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi there. 

If I understand it correctly I think you have a few options to consider:

a) create a unique deal for each job. I.e. you have the initial sales call and create a single deal - however if it later turns out there are multiple jobs then create a unique deal for each role. There is no limit to the number of deals you can add/associate to a company. I'd also create a seperate deal stage (or even pipeline) which is only for jobs that are closed and won that you now need to deliver on. This can then link to process automation via a workflow. 

b) set up a custom deal property to capture individual jobs

c) consider using "Products" to represent the job component. e.g. in a deal you can add products or multiples thereof. A deal can represent the sales process - products attached to the deal represent individual "jobs" or consulting projects

====
With regards to process automation. Hubspot does have a "Projects" feature which is essentially a way you can combine tasks and to dos into a template. The Workflows tool is also outstanding for setting up automated processes (e.g. automated emails, task settings, property updating etc.) 

You mentioned "our other systems" - if you are using other tools to manage the deliverables / project management of delivering your services then you can rather use Workflows in combination with an integration with that tool (via app marketplace or something like Zapier etc.). 

Best of luck with it all. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
AdamSand
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Great Question! 

We actually did this in a construction company. 

We made a custom object "JOB" The reason for this is that a deal in construction could encompass multiple trades. For example, roofing, Solar and Gutters. 

Roofing requires the solar to be removed and replaced. The Roofing job would come before a new solar job is installed. The roofing job has to be done before the gutter job could be done, and so on. 

The commission and incentive program was also designed to push the sales team to maximize the customer value by promoting more than one job type per deal. So sales guys get a higher % of the gross sale depending on how many associated "jobs" there were. 

This allowed us to track revenue, gross sales, and the customer buyers journey as one line of events, but then create seperate "jobs" per deal, and then a ticket for each job, which defined the work to be done. Making it so a deal could contain 2 jobs. 

Those two jobs are two different projects with different milestones and dependencies on each other. The job object contains a job type and displays properties conditionally based on the job type. Once the deal is closed won, it creates a service ticket for each job that can then be linked to two separate onboardings, or project work breakdowns. Then the deal could be invoiced only when all associated service tickets are closed. 

Hope that helps in your journey. 

Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi there. 

If I understand it correctly I think you have a few options to consider:

a) create a unique deal for each job. I.e. you have the initial sales call and create a single deal - however if it later turns out there are multiple jobs then create a unique deal for each role. There is no limit to the number of deals you can add/associate to a company. I'd also create a seperate deal stage (or even pipeline) which is only for jobs that are closed and won that you now need to deliver on. This can then link to process automation via a workflow. 

b) set up a custom deal property to capture individual jobs

c) consider using "Products" to represent the job component. e.g. in a deal you can add products or multiples thereof. A deal can represent the sales process - products attached to the deal represent individual "jobs" or consulting projects

====
With regards to process automation. Hubspot does have a "Projects" feature which is essentially a way you can combine tasks and to dos into a template. The Workflows tool is also outstanding for setting up automated processes (e.g. automated emails, task settings, property updating etc.) 

You mentioned "our other systems" - if you are using other tools to manage the deliverables / project management of delivering your services then you can rather use Workflows in combination with an integration with that tool (via app marketplace or something like Zapier etc.). 

Best of luck with it all. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jonno
Very clearly explained and helpful. I think the products will account for this well.

Thank you

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @09379 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this @Jonno_Price @MatthewShepherd @AdamLPW any thoughts for @09379 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes