CRM

sudtuna

Create internal form that pulls from company data

SOLVE

Hi all, 

We have a client who has on-site team members that need to write up a review and save it to a company record. (Ideally we would generate a PDF from this info).  I've looked at panda doc, but it only works with deals. Is there any way to use a hubspot form (or pdf generator) to pull company data and then save it as a document under the company's record? 

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @sudtuna, thanks for reaching out! This is a really interesting use case.

There are a couple really difficult parts about this ideal state:

1. You want this to function through a form submission, but form submissions are tied to contacts, not companies (though they can bring in company properties that will update the primary associated company record)
  2. You'll need to designate a contact whose email address you will use to submit the form (since you need the submitted info to save to the contact/company records, not the record of the on-site team member)
  3. I don't believe there's any way that you can capture form submission data within a PDF within HubSpot or do so and then automatically attach it to the company record

If it's enough to just capture the data in HubSpot, then I would recommend customizing the lefthand default company record view and create the needed section(s) specfically for the review questions. Any properties that have already been entered in HubSpot will automatically populate, so the on-site team member just needs to have the HubSpot record page open to enter data.

From there, I have two thoughts on how you could get a copy of those responses in a deliverable from HubSpot:

1. Use company workflow to send a custom internal notification email

You can build a company workflow that will trigger once all of the review properties have values. After the trigger, you can send an internal email notification to the needed team member(s) containing personalization tokens for all of the property values provided within the review. I know it's not perfect, but maybe you could take a screenshot (or input the figures within a separate template manually), and then manually add that into the documents on the respective record. 

2. Get the review properties into a dashboard report and email it to the respective address

The only applicable PDF option in HubSpot that comes to mind is the PDF version of a dashboard report that can be emailed to designated addresses. If you could build a report that would contain the review fields for each company, you may somehow be able to email that to the right user and have them manually add it to the respective company record.

Otherwise, I can't think of any other winning HubSpot solutions. There may be a custom workaround that could be built here, but it sounds like it would be pretty complex. 

Hope this helps at least get you started!

Tagging in @christopher-RVO as well in case he has any thoughts as well!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
james-portant
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @sudtuna 

I know this thread is a bit old but I wanted to say hello in case I could help.

We have released an App on the HubSpot Marketplace that can generate PDFs and Google Docs from Deals, Contacts, Companies and Ticket data. It takes information from these objects and any associated objects (like line items or deals) and places them into a Google Doc or Slides file, then adds the link to the file back onto the card. You can check it out here:

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/sales-enablement/portant-1323181

It sounds like it would be a great soultion for your problem.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

James

0 Upvotes
amitsarda
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @sudtuna,

If the direct integration with Pandadoc doesn't work, you can do this with Zapier or Make/Integromat by either continuing to use Pandadoc or even with a template in Google Docs.

The trigger could be a change in the company property and the action could be 'create a doc from a template', and then a follow-up action could be sending the PDF.

0 Upvotes
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @sudtuna, thanks for reaching out! This is a really interesting use case.

There are a couple really difficult parts about this ideal state:

1. You want this to function through a form submission, but form submissions are tied to contacts, not companies (though they can bring in company properties that will update the primary associated company record)
  2. You'll need to designate a contact whose email address you will use to submit the form (since you need the submitted info to save to the contact/company records, not the record of the on-site team member)
  3. I don't believe there's any way that you can capture form submission data within a PDF within HubSpot or do so and then automatically attach it to the company record

If it's enough to just capture the data in HubSpot, then I would recommend customizing the lefthand default company record view and create the needed section(s) specfically for the review questions. Any properties that have already been entered in HubSpot will automatically populate, so the on-site team member just needs to have the HubSpot record page open to enter data.

From there, I have two thoughts on how you could get a copy of those responses in a deliverable from HubSpot:

1. Use company workflow to send a custom internal notification email

You can build a company workflow that will trigger once all of the review properties have values. After the trigger, you can send an internal email notification to the needed team member(s) containing personalization tokens for all of the property values provided within the review. I know it's not perfect, but maybe you could take a screenshot (or input the figures within a separate template manually), and then manually add that into the documents on the respective record. 

2. Get the review properties into a dashboard report and email it to the respective address

The only applicable PDF option in HubSpot that comes to mind is the PDF version of a dashboard report that can be emailed to designated addresses. If you could build a report that would contain the review fields for each company, you may somehow be able to email that to the right user and have them manually add it to the respective company record.

Otherwise, I can't think of any other winning HubSpot solutions. There may be a custom workaround that could be built here, but it sounds like it would be pretty complex. 

Hope this helps at least get you started!

Tagging in @christopher-RVO as well in case he has any thoughts as well!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature