CRM

GJi

Create dynamic clickable links on contact

SOLVE

In the contacts side bar, i want to create a property that is a link.

The link would be dynamic based on some of the contact properties like email.  is it possible to do it?

I tried to create a new property for the contacts object and the only closest option i found was "rich Text" that let you insert a hyperlink. However, i did not see option to compose a dynamic link here based on other contact properties. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GJi,

It's not possible to make links clickable so that a click into the link will open a new window or tab. However, when HubSpot recognizes a URL, an icon will appear which will give you that functionality:

karstenkoehler_0-1666326146199.png

In terms of building that link: Yes, that is possible but requires personalization tokens and workflows, available in Professional subscriptions:

karstenkoehler_1-1666326314414.png

This can likely also be achieved with third-party automation like Zapier.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GJi,

It's not possible to make links clickable so that a click into the link will open a new window or tab. However, when HubSpot recognizes a URL, an icon will appear which will give you that functionality:

karstenkoehler_0-1666326146199.png

In terms of building that link: Yes, that is possible but requires personalization tokens and workflows, available in Professional subscriptions:

karstenkoehler_1-1666326314414.png

This can likely also be achieved with third-party automation like Zapier.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.