CRM

smk

Create custom deal property that is another deal

SOLVE

Hi.  I would like to create custom deal property that is another deal.  Specifically, when the deal stage moves to "Committed" I want the user to be required to fill in a custom deal property that is a link to another deal.

Possible?  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I do not have a solution, yet I have a possible workaround.

Sales Hub Professional allows for mandatory fields. This way you can require "Deal Link" custom property when someone moves the deal stage to Committed. You can pull a list on: Deal Stage is Committed, Deal Link is unknown. You can also create a workflow to create a task to notify the responsible representative (and possibly manager) when this is not done. 

Is there a reason you are adding deal links as a custom property as opposed to associating the deal? Keep in mind that deals can now be merged, so it might be safer to associate as the unique identifier/URL might change if merged. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I do not have a solution, yet I have a possible workaround.

Sales Hub Professional allows for mandatory fields. This way you can require "Deal Link" custom property when someone moves the deal stage to Committed. You can pull a list on: Deal Stage is Committed, Deal Link is unknown. You can also create a workflow to create a task to notify the responsible representative (and possibly manager) when this is not done. 

Is there a reason you are adding deal links as a custom property as opposed to associating the deal? Keep in mind that deals can now be merged, so it might be safer to associate as the unique identifier/URL might change if merged. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
smk

SOLVE

thanks!  I am pulled onto other tasks at the moment, so I'll have to review and revert back to you soon.  But I really appreciate the answer.  🙂

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

No problem, good luck!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Do you have Sales Hub Professional? 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes
smk

SOLVE

Yes, I do.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
smk

SOLVE

Yes.

0 Upvotes