CRM

himanigupta
Contributor

Create a workflow when a sales rep achieves their revenue goal , an email is automatically sent

SOLVE

Hi All,

Is there any possibility that we can create a workflow to alert internal team via an email that their team members have attained their revenue goals. 

If not, what could be another possible way to do this?

Many Thanks

Himani

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Create a workflow when a sales rep achieves their revenue goal , an email is automatically sent

SOLVE

Hi @himanigupta,

I don't think this is currently possible. Workflows revolve around objects (contact, company, deal, ticket) and goals live on a 'different plane' in HubSpot. With workflows not being an option, the only alternative would be a notification feature which is not available.

Your manual workaround here would be to create custom reports showing your goals as explained here: https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/a-short-guide-to-using-goals-in-custom-reports You would have to check this on a regular basis and then notify your sales reps or team accordingly.

An automatic email notification is a great idea so I'd suggest you post this over at HubSpot Ideas!

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @himanigupta,

I don't think this is currently possible. Workflows revolve around objects (contact, company, deal, ticket) and goals live on a 'different plane' in HubSpot. With workflows not being an option, the only alternative would be a notification feature which is not available.

Your manual workaround here would be to create custom reports showing your goals as explained here: https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/a-short-guide-to-using-goals-in-custom-reports You would have to check this on a regular basis and then notify your sales reps or team accordingly.

An automatic email notification is a great idea so I'd suggest you post this over at HubSpot Ideas!

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

himanigupta
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks a lot Krasten.

I thought so that it wouldn't be possible to create a workflow from that perspective

DigitalWoods
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @himanigupta ,

There's no direct way of doing it on HubSpot, but there's a workaround you may consider. You can setup an automation to push the deals data to a Google Sheet and trigger the notification email using Google App script. The following steps would be required:

1. If deal status changes to 'closed won', send the deal amount to Google Sheets via Zapier/ API.

2. Write a formula on Google sheets to add the sales numbers of individual sales reps.

3. Set up a condiional logic on Google sheets via app script to trigger an email - https://www.groovypost.com/howto/google-sheets-send-email-based-on-cell-value/

The script is already shared, so this shouldn't be very tough to setup. However, if you don't have anyone to work with codes, I can help.

Quite a twisted workaround, but should get the job done.

Thanks,
Saurav
saurav@digitalwoods.net

PS: Please mark my answer as “solution” if it works for you.

0 Upvotes