Create a rule on Gmail to forward emails to Hubspot and create tasks automatically

jcotero
Participant

I'm new to Hubspot CRM. I would like to create a rule on Gmail to forward emails to Hubspot and create tasks automatically. Is that possible? How to do it?

I was able to integrate may Gmail to Hubspot, but this solution is not good for me. I don't want all my emails on Hubspot, just a very specific few. Also, those are personal emails - and I don't want the whole team to see all my emails - only the ones I wish to forward.

I also tried to insert the 23353452452@forward.hubspot.com into the forwarding e-mail at Gmail, but it asks for a confirmation code sent to that e-mail, that seems we don't have access to...

Is there a way to get only specific e-mails forwarded to my Hubspot account?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @jcotero,

It is not possible because you cannot get the confirmation code, as you eluded to. See this thread for further reference.

If you're using Gmail and have integrated with HubSpot, you have the ability to pick and choose which emails are logged and which aren't. You can also choose specific domains and/or email addresses in which never to log emails.  

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
jcotero
Participant

Hi Josh!

You said if I'm using Gmail I will have the ability to pick the emails which are logged, or  specific domains / addresses in which never to log emails.  Can you please tell me more about how / where to do that?

Thanks
João

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

Hi @jcotero 

Take a look at this article on how our integration can help you automatically log emails in HubSpot without creating new contacts automatically. 

Alternatively, this HubSpot article also explains how you can define which contacts you wish to exclude form HubSpot. 

Hope this helps! Cat Very Happy

0 Upvotes
arobertsluxe
Participant

Hi, I know this question has already been answered, but you are actually able to forward your emails to the hubspot inbox. Once setting up forwarding to your Hubspot email (Support@company.hubspot.com), go to "filtered" emails in your hubspot inbox. Gmail sent an authorization email with a link to authorize the hubspot inbox for forwarding. It worked for me. I prefer this over the hubspot gmail integration, because the gmail forwarding allows me to forward then archive. It's a little frustrating that hubspot can't delete messages from your gmail inbox once marked as "done".

0 Upvotes