CRM

liberworm
Contributor

Create a re-usable task list based on a deal

SOLVE

We are trying to streamline and integrate multiple team processes in HS nad get out of having several different systems to manage projects (deals). When a deal is closed our client onboarding team has a checklist of tasks that must be completed. This includes creating tickets for our technical solutions team to complete certain tasks.  Is there a way, within HS to create a re-usable checklist that is created for each closed deal that both teams can access and mark tasks completed as they are done? 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @liberworm,

HubSpot doesn't have a checklist tool, you'd be creating multiple tasks. These tasks can be structured and grouped into task queues (see here). The user interface would be a bit different from a classic project management or checklist tool. You wouldn't be able to click through to a certain deal and see all associated tasks. However, if your tasks follow a naming convention (see below), the task search can be so powerful that the difference to a checklist tool is marginal.

With a Professional subscription, I'd recommend creating a deal-based workflows. You would enroll all deals with Deal stage is any of Closed won. In the right sidebar you can now select Create taskhttps://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/choose-your-workflow-actions#create-a-task

In this step, you can provide a task name, description and assign it to specific users (e.g. deal owner).

This is also where the naming convention comes in. Make sure to name these tasks clearly, e.g. "Onboarding for [Name]: [Task description]" You could either group several to-dos in one HubSpot task or create additional steps in the workflow for more tasks. Just keep in mind that the onboarding team will be notified about each task.

This method would be re-usable insofar that you don't have to re-create it. Whenever a deal closes, all these tasks will automatically be created and assigned.

One more tip; I'd recommend not enrolling deals who already match the enrollment criteria. This would trigger the creation of potentially hundreds of tasks.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @liberworm,

HubSpot doesn't have a checklist tool, you'd be creating multiple tasks. These tasks can be structured and grouped into task queues (see here). The user interface would be a bit different from a classic project management or checklist tool. You wouldn't be able to click through to a certain deal and see all associated tasks. However, if your tasks follow a naming convention (see below), the task search can be so powerful that the difference to a checklist tool is marginal.

With a Professional subscription, I'd recommend creating a deal-based workflows. You would enroll all deals with Deal stage is any of Closed won. In the right sidebar you can now select Create taskhttps://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/choose-your-workflow-actions#create-a-task

In this step, you can provide a task name, description and assign it to specific users (e.g. deal owner).

This is also where the naming convention comes in. Make sure to name these tasks clearly, e.g. "Onboarding for [Name]: [Task description]" You could either group several to-dos in one HubSpot task or create additional steps in the workflow for more tasks. Just keep in mind that the onboarding team will be notified about each task.

This method would be re-usable insofar that you don't have to re-create it. Whenever a deal closes, all these tasks will automatically be created and assigned.

One more tip; I'd recommend not enrolling deals who already match the enrollment criteria. This would trigger the creation of potentially hundreds of tasks.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

liberworm
Contributor

SOLVE

Good to know. I will set one up and see how it works. It might take some tweaking and getting users to stick with a standardized naming convention.  However if take it out of the prooject management program and still accomplish the same thing it is a big win. 

Danke Schein. Ich schatze die hilfe.