CRM

MWatermeyer
Participant

Create a meeting / calendar entry in a workflow (deal stage based)

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I have the following issue: at a certain stage in our pipeline, we need to make an on-site appointment with our client to check the feasibility of the requested project. Is it possible to create something like a meeting/calendar entry in our Office365 calendar when the deal reaches this deal stage? It would be nice if a form would open automatically to create the appointment with date, time and duration.

We already use deal stage based workflows to send emails or create tasks and we also have our calendars connected to HubSpot but I cannot find the option to create a meeting or something similar.

Perhaps, you have a solution for me or tips for a workaround?

Thank you and best regards,

Markus

2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @MWatermeyer, thanks for reaching out!

As far as I know, there isn't a native way to automatically create meetings in HubSpot. Honestly, that's probably a good thing since you'd want to confirm the date, time, location, and recipients before getting something on the books. I do have two thoughts on how you could streamline this process though, assuming that you have your HubSpot Meetings links configured (more info in this Knowledge Base article just in case).

1. Use HubSpot tasks/internal notification emails

When a deal reaches the needed stage, you can create a workflow that will create a task for the deal owner/any other needed users. Assuming you're storing the meeting information in a deal property somewhere, you can bring in those values as personalization tokens within the task description. This would also work as an internal notification email, though the task will better track the task completion.

From there, you can either manually schedule the calendar invite, or you can fill out the respective HubSpot Meetings link on behalf of the contact using their email address.

2. Use HubSpot Meetings and an automated email

If you don't have the requested meeting information yet and need to work with the contact to pick a time that works for them in this target deal stage, you may be better off sending the respective HubSpot Meetings link to them so they can pick the best time. That could exist in an automated marketing email containing the respective owner's HubSpot Meetings link. When a deal hits that stage, the email will send to the designated contacts (be sure that you're using association labels, if applicable). You can also create a task due in a few days to ensure that the meeting has been scheduled.

I know these aren't perfect options, but hopefully they help you get closer to your ideal state!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Sure thing! You do have the option to pre-populate fields under the Additional settings dropdown in the Form tab:

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 8.32.42 AM.png

If the contact already has values for those properties on their contact record, they should automatically populate. Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @MWatermeyer, thanks for reaching out!

As far as I know, there isn't a native way to automatically create meetings in HubSpot. Honestly, that's probably a good thing since you'd want to confirm the date, time, location, and recipients before getting something on the books. I do have two thoughts on how you could streamline this process though, assuming that you have your HubSpot Meetings links configured (more info in this Knowledge Base article just in case).

1. Use HubSpot tasks/internal notification emails

When a deal reaches the needed stage, you can create a workflow that will create a task for the deal owner/any other needed users. Assuming you're storing the meeting information in a deal property somewhere, you can bring in those values as personalization tokens within the task description. This would also work as an internal notification email, though the task will better track the task completion.

From there, you can either manually schedule the calendar invite, or you can fill out the respective HubSpot Meetings link on behalf of the contact using their email address.

2. Use HubSpot Meetings and an automated email

If you don't have the requested meeting information yet and need to work with the contact to pick a time that works for them in this target deal stage, you may be better off sending the respective HubSpot Meetings link to them so they can pick the best time. That could exist in an automated marketing email containing the respective owner's HubSpot Meetings link. When a deal hits that stage, the email will send to the designated contacts (be sure that you're using association labels, if applicable). You can also create a task due in a few days to ensure that the meeting has been scheduled.

I know these aren't perfect options, but hopefully they help you get closer to your ideal state!!

Jacob Olle

MWatermeyer
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jacob,

thanks for your reply and tips. I was hoping there would be a native solution to my problem in HubSpot. But it looks like I will have to create a workaround. One more question, if this is OK: Do you know if it is possible to populate the HubSpot meeting form by sending the values as parameters in the URL? Or any other way to get a pre-populated form for the HubSpot meeting?

Best regards and thanks again,

Markus

0 Upvotes
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Sure thing! You do have the option to pre-populate fields under the Additional settings dropdown in the Form tab:

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 8.32.42 AM.png

If the contact already has values for those properties on their contact record, they should automatically populate. Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle