CRM

jhuds11
Participant

Create a follow up task? Inside a contact record

Hello all,

I am wondering why the auto-prompt to "Create a follow up task?" does not appear when I "Mark as complete" a task, inside a contact record.  But the "Create a follow up task?" prompt does appear if I am in the "Tasks" view, when I mark a task as complete.  Is this a simple setting fix or a bug?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @jhuds11 

Could you please share a screenshot of what is happening in your end? I was not able to get the message of "Create a follow up task?" so I would like to continue investigating more.

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

jhuds11
Participant

You click this to mark as complete.You click this to mark as complete.It completes, but does not automatically prompt a follow up task.It completes, but does not automatically prompt a follow up task.Even though I have this setting enabled.Even though I have this setting enabled.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jhuds11 

Could you please clean your browser cache (more information here).

After this, do you still not get prompt with the task reminder? IF not could you turn on and off the settings and let me know if there are any changes.

Thank you,

Pam

0 Upvotes
jhuds11
Participant

Hello Pam,

I tried this (cleaned out my cache and also turned on/off) but it did not fix this issue.  When I complete a task inside of a contact record I am not automatically prompted to create a follow up task.  Is there something else I can try?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @jhuds11 

I was able to see my task follow up reminders when I complete a task in the task view under ( sales >tasks).

follow up taskfollow up task

I also confirmed that no follow-up reminder pop-up if the Task has no associated Contact/Company/Deal.

Could you please test in the task tab and see if you receive the follow-up?  Currently it is not possible to show the follow up inside a contact record.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
jhuds11
Participant

Yes, I see that this Idea has been submitted by three different users in the last 4 months.  I went ahead and Upvoted their ideas.  The reason I want to have the auto follow-up inside the contact record is becuase I look at the contact's history, web page views, lead status, lifecycle, etc, before I make my phone call or send my email.  Thanks for looking into this for me!

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @jhuds11 

Thank you for the extra information, I'm investigating more with my team and will let you know once I have more information about it.

Have a good weekend.

Pam

0 Upvotes