CRM

ThomasBl
Participant

Counting unanswered calls to initiate action

SOLVE

For one of my targets, I mainly do telephone prospecting. We have many prospects.

We have decided that after the 3rd call without an answer, the prospect is considered lost.

My problem: with Hubspot, I can't count unanswered calls. I had to create a property that my employees fill in by hand. This property is used to trigger a workflow. 

To save time, it would be really useful to be able to count unanswered calls directly in Hubspot, without having to create a property, which is not automated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ThomasBl,

This can actually be solved with a workflow.

First, you need a contact-based list where the call outcome is unanswered and the activity date is less than 1 day ago. Contacts will join this list briefly after an unanswered call, then leave it again.

That means we can use it as an re-enrollment criterion for a workflow that takes these contacts and uses the 'Increase property value' action to count up +1 for every unanswered call.

To reset the counter, simply create a list that has contacts where the call outcome is connected and the last activity date is less than 1 day ago. Again, you'll use a contact-based workflow to re-enroll these contacts and then set the value of the nuber property to 0.

🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
akash_cfs

SOLVE

Hi Thomas,

You can try Corefactors Telephony Reports and automation. It provides telephony insight not only on agent level but at the individual lead level etc.

• Agent wise report on answered, unanswered, failed calls (unique count as well)
  • Hourly call details at date level; during which hour agent made max or min calls on a particular day

Now talking about telephony insight at lead level. You can get key stats like

• No. of dialed, connected, unanswered and repeated unanswered call for each lead
  • Days passed since last dialed, last connected 
  • First dialed TAT, First Connected TAT and much more

Not only that it also has some cool sales and marketing automation.

Do check it if you are looking to get more insight on your telephony activity.

Cheers

0 Upvotes
ThomasBl
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I didn't see your message before.

My subscription level is Sales Hub Professional.

I tried the solution you described. It actually works! The problem is that I need that once the prospect has been obtained on the phone, the call count goes back to zero. Because I don't want to count the total number of calls but only the number of unanswered calls.

I have tried several solutions, with lists and workflows, without success so far. So I created a property called "unanswered calls", and my teams increase the value of this property every time a prospect does not answer. When the prospect responds, my team changes the value to zero unanswered calls. When the lead has been called more than 3 times without response, I created a workflow to change the transaction related to that lead to lost.

If you have a better solution, I'll take it!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ThomasBl,

This can actually be solved with a workflow.

First, you need a contact-based list where the call outcome is unanswered and the activity date is less than 1 day ago. Contacts will join this list briefly after an unanswered call, then leave it again.

That means we can use it as an re-enrollment criterion for a workflow that takes these contacts and uses the 'Increase property value' action to count up +1 for every unanswered call.

To reset the counter, simply create a list that has contacts where the call outcome is connected and the last activity date is less than 1 day ago. Again, you'll use a contact-based workflow to re-enroll these contacts and then set the value of the nuber property to 0.

🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ThomasBl
Participant

SOLVE

Great, thanks for the information!

I'm going to implement this as soon as possible, it will save my teams a lot of time.

Thanks again 🙏

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ThomasBl,

Which subscription level are you?

With my Professional customers, I use either call types or call outcomes to keep track of this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/calling/create-custom-call-and-meeting-outcomes

In other words, there could be an outcome or type for a first, second and third call. It's a bit of a workaround but it allows you to create lists, filtering for contacts associated with activities where the type is 'Third call' and call outcome is 'Unanswered'.

This works especially well if you're using workflows that are creating tasks for a first, second, third outreach and are named accordingly. When completing tasks, you would see that you're on the third one and could log the call type accordingly easily.

I know I know, still a workaround but I wouldn't expect HubSpot to introduce call count properties anytime soon. But who knows.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler