CRM

moparikh

Count Number of Renewals

SOLVE

We're using a separate renewals pipeline to manage our SaaS renewals - we're going to do this either using workflows or using Renewalspot. I think we can make that work no problem. However, my question is: is there any way to auto-calculate how many times a customer has renewed? So on initial contract signature, the value would be 0. Every time the company has a deal in the renewals pipeline reach "Renewed Won" status, the value should increment by 1. How can this be done?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Count Number of Renewals

SOLVE

Hi @moparikh,

This can be done but it's a bit convoluted. The solution lies in using the "Increase or decrease property value" action in workflows: Every time an associated deal moves into closed won, you increase a company property by 1.

Unfortunately, HubSpot doesn't let us use the "Increase or decrease property value" action on company records in deal-based workflows (only on deal records). You would have to use an intermediary custom company property, for example New deal, which is set to "Yes" by a deal-based workflow (action "Set property value" > "Company" > New deal) whenever a deal moves into the closed won stage.

A company-based workflow waits for the New deal company property to be set to "Yes". It enrolls these company records and then increases the value of another custom company property, Number of associated won deals, by 1, before clearing the value of this New deal property again.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Count Number of Renewals

SOLVE

Hi @moparikh,

This can be done but it's a bit convoluted. The solution lies in using the "Increase or decrease property value" action in workflows: Every time an associated deal moves into closed won, you increase a company property by 1.

Unfortunately, HubSpot doesn't let us use the "Increase or decrease property value" action on company records in deal-based workflows (only on deal records). You would have to use an intermediary custom company property, for example New deal, which is set to "Yes" by a deal-based workflow (action "Set property value" > "Company" > New deal) whenever a deal moves into the closed won stage.

A company-based workflow waits for the New deal company property to be set to "Yes". It enrolls these company records and then increases the value of another custom company property, Number of associated won deals, by 1, before clearing the value of this New deal property again.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.