CRM

AuthAccelerator
Participant

Correcting an Invalid Data Property Value

Résolue

We ask t-shirt size on several different forms. We have started automating the process for automatically updating that information from our different forms into HubSpot.  However, it appears that Zapier sees the data in the dropdown in Hubspot one way, but it does NOT appear that way when you look at that field's properties in Hubspot.

What we see HubSpot:

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 9.22.35 AM.png

What Zapier sees in the field:

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 9.17.45 AM.png

(additional information)

When the zap completes, this is what we see on the contacts record.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 10.31.54 AM.png

I tried reformatting the field coming from the form to match the data as it appears in the Zapier dropdown, but received an error saying that was not a valid option in the Hubspot dropdown.

Why is this field show as invalid when clearly it is not? (I did check the data for extra white space.)

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
ndwilliams3
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

I'm thinking it's the single quote in the contact property's internal value that is causing the problem. I would suggest  modifying the internal values in Hubspot and remove the quote and spaces and replace with underscore.

So for example Women's Small would become womens_small.

See if that fixes the issue.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
2 Réponses
ndwilliams3
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

I'm thinking it's the single quote in the contact property's internal value that is causing the problem. I would suggest  modifying the internal values in Hubspot and remove the quote and spaces and replace with underscore.

So for example Women's Small would become womens_small.

See if that fixes the issue.

0 Votes
AuthAccelerator
Participant

Résolue

Thank you so much for the clear explanation!  I updated the internal values and added a step to my zap to transform the data to match.  It appears to be updating properly now.