Copying a contact - can HubSpot do it?

SOLVE
Highlighted

I know I can use Workflows to copy a property from one contact to another.  How can I create a brand new contact from an existing contact where a large number of the properties are the same?  Is my only option to create a workflow that copies each property?  Other tools allow me to make a duplicate entry and then adjust the appropriate fields (name, email, phone) without having to start from scratch.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @timim

There's no way inside HubSpot, yet, to clone a contact. 

The easiest way I can think of to achieve what you need is to export the base contact to csv file and then copy the row as many times as you need. Make the required edits and then reimport the list into HubSpot.

Here's how to export: How can I export my Contacts, Companies, and Deals from the CRM?

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @timim

There's no way inside HubSpot, yet, to clone a contact. 

The easiest way I can think of to achieve what you need is to export the base contact to csv file and then copy the row as many times as you need. Make the required edits and then reimport the list into HubSpot.

Here's how to export: How can I export my Contacts, Companies, and Deals from the CRM?

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Highlighted

When is Hubspot going to fix this and make a simple CLONE or COPY CONTACT button.

Even the OLD ACT has that!

It is so common to have multiple contacts that are part of the same company where they have the same address, office phone, fax, etc.

Should be able to Clone and then jsut change the name, email and mobile info

PLEASE UPDATE THIS MOST SIMPLE FEATURE! We have been asking for a year.

Regular Contributor

Good suggestion! It seems like alot of work that should be so easy though.

Highlighted

I really need this feature as well ... this solution is too cumbersome and timeconsuming for my purposes

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

This is a must-have. Every system I have worked on provides this capability.  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Probabaly down to the way HubSpot CRM uses the emial field as the unique identifier

as you say every other CRM on the market has this ability - pretty essential for adding multiple contacts at the same company.

0 Upvotes