CRM

Jenny26
Top Contributor

Copying Deal Property to Company Property

SOLVE

Hello,

I want to use workflows to copy a deal property "License Type" to a company property also called "License Type." I will use workflows to keep both properties current.

For several of our customers we have several deals. Some of the deals are old and the license type for them is outdated. 

For example:

Acme has 3 deals - 2 old expired ones and 1 recent deal.

How do I make sure that most current "License Type" from the deals is copied to the Company record?

We have several hundred clients and deals so I need to this in bulk, if possible.

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

As far as I know, there isn't any workflow action or filter that would let you pick the most recent deal. In a deal-based workflow this doesn't exist as deal enrollment is not comparing an enrolled deal to other potentially enrolled deals. In company-based workflows, this does not exist either. There are properties like Recent deal amout but they don't let you pick a specific deal, unfortunately, they're simply a field.

Going forward this automation should not be an issue, assuming that newly created deals are always the most up to date ones. Historically, however, you'll need to go through the deals and mark/tag/label the most recent ones.

There is always the option for a custom solution based on the API or alternatively custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional but that would require a developer.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

As far as I know, there isn't any workflow action or filter that would let you pick the most recent deal. In a deal-based workflow this doesn't exist as deal enrollment is not comparing an enrolled deal to other potentially enrolled deals. In company-based workflows, this does not exist either. There are properties like Recent deal amout but they don't let you pick a specific deal, unfortunately, they're simply a field.

Going forward this automation should not be an issue, assuming that newly created deals are always the most up to date ones. Historically, however, you'll need to go through the deals and mark/tag/label the most recent ones.

There is always the option for a custom solution based on the API or alternatively custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional but that would require a developer.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

joel_vandusen
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler I have a very similar question to this that I'm hoping you might be able to help with. I have the same problem, wanting to sum a number property from an associated object on the company level, but I would like to use date fields as the conditions for the logic. ie: Summing up the count of paid licenses on all deals associated with a company that have a subscription start date that is either today or in the past, and have a subscription end date that is either today or in the future. Any ideas on how I might be able to accomplish this?

0 Upvotes
Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much for your reponse. This is helpful and gives me a direction to head.

0 Upvotes