CRM

Djordje
Teilnehmer/-in

Copying Contact Custom Properties to Custom Deal Properties possible?

lösung

Hi all! 

We have a form that all our customers fill out to enter our community and seeing as the forms only work with contact properties (boooo!) and I want to see the values in my deal view to save the whole team time and energy.

Would there be a way in the workflows to update the Deal Properties from Contact Properties? As of this moment, when I try to copy property it only allows me to do so from Deal properties to deal properties.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Djordje,

In a contact-based workflow, you should be able to copy values from a contact property to a deal property. I've recorded the steps below:

copy-from-contact-to-deal.gif

Keep in mind that not all property values can be copied, as explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/compatible-source-and-target-properties-for-copying-property...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Djordje,

In a contact-based workflow, you should be able to copy values from a contact property to a deal property. I've recorded the steps below:

copy-from-contact-to-deal.gif

Keep in mind that not all property values can be copied, as explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/compatible-source-and-target-properties-for-copying-property...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JanetPryor
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Karsten, Your solution works until the same contact has a second Deal. If a Contact is enrolled in a Workflow to update the Deal info, how can Deals prior to [today] be excluded and not updated?

kmoehring
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This works great for one deal, but what about if a contact is associated with multiple deals and the information you want to copy over changes. For example, we have leads give us the address of a project they need help with. If the same lead asks for help with a second, different properties two months after the first, is there a way to just update the most recent deal with the project address information? 

VictorVoskanyan
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I haven't been able to figure this out myself. Exactly the same issue I am having. I have multiple deals associated with a certain customers, and the source from where the deal comes from is different basically each time. I am also looking for a way to copy a property to a deal property.

It would be great if an enrollment trigger such as "when deal is created" or "when contact is created" existed and allowed us to copy from another source. 

Djordje
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks Karsten! Helps a lot 🙂

danisterrett
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for your post. It was excatly what I was looking for this morning.

Dani Sterrett