Copying Contact Custom Properties to Custom Deal Properties possible?

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi all! 

We have a form that all our customers fill out to enter our community and seeing as the forms only work with contact properties (boooo!) and I want to see the values in my deal view to save the whole team time and energy.

Would there be a way in the workflows to update the Deal Properties from Contact Properties? As of this moment, when I try to copy property it only allows me to do so from Deal properties to deal properties.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Regular Advisor | Partner

Hi @Djordje,

In a contact-based workflow, you should be able to copy values from a contact property to a deal property. I've recorded the steps below:

copy-from-contact-to-deal.gif

Keep in mind that not all property values can be copied, as explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/compatible-source-and-target-properties-for-copying-property...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Solution
Regular Advisor | Partner

Hi @Djordje,

In a contact-based workflow, you should be able to copy values from a contact property to a deal property. I've recorded the steps below:

copy-from-contact-to-deal.gif

Keep in mind that not all property values can be copied, as explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/compatible-source-and-target-properties-for-copying-property...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for your post. It was excatly what I was looking for this morning.

Dani Sterrett

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Karsten! Helps a lot 🙂