CRM

Nick_Trendline
Contributor

Copy part of a field value into a custom field

Hi HS Community.

Does anyone know if it's possible to copy part of a field value into a new custom field, via a workflow (or other automated means)?

Field A = Blue Apple (22%)
Custom Field B = 22% (this portion would be copied automatically from the end of Field A

Thanks.

Nick

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
EmmaWashington
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick_Trendline! Thanks for tagging me @JessicaH🙂

Unfortunately, I think the answer is no, it's not possible. I can't think of any way a *part* of a field can be copied over to a new field, I don't think HS can extract a single piece of the data. 

But I am certainly going to stay tuned to see if anyone knows of a way this can be done!

Good luck!

Emma

0 Upvotes
Nick_Trendline
Contributor

Thanks for the response, Emma.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

I don't know of any way to split.   I had to do a search, but there is a way to concatenate strings with HubL so if you captured the data in two fields it might be possible to join them into a field later that you could use.  Or if you build out something custom via API you might be able to split out that way.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/hubl/operators-and-expression-tests

Here's a thread about it as well explaining a concatenate example: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CMS-Development/How-do-I-concatenate-strings-with-HUBL/td-p/251698 

{% set items = "string 1" ~ "string 2" %}

0 Upvotes
Nick_Trendline
Contributor

Thanks for looking into this, Ben.  Looks like you need development experience, to which I don't have.  Not sure concat will work.

Appreciate the alternative.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Maybe Zapier or Automate.io will allow splitting (or parsing at least). If so, you can pull the data out of HubSpot, split (or parse), then push the result back to a property in HubSpot.

Worth a look. Good luck.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Nick_Trendline
Contributor

Thanks, Frank.  If I can get approval to use Zapier (we have tight security restrictions) I'll definitely give that a try.

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Nick_Trendline,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @EmmaWashington @Dan1 @Ben_M, would you be able to share your thoughts with @Nick_Trendline?

Thanks!

Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Nick_Trendline
Contributor

Thanks, Jess.

0 Upvotes