Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Copy'n' paste a contact / Do I need Zapier for this?

Nuevo colaborador

Hello,

I'm often give recommendations within my network. In my old CRM (which was in fact just an airtable database) I had a field which contained all important contact values which I need to pass when recommending someone. I added the "layout" of the this textblock at the end of the post.

Ehery time I recommend someonbe I send an email with the address information of both involved persons. Very quick, very easy. I miss a similar feature in HubSpot (free version).

Possible solutions:

- Upgrade to payed plan and use "calculated fields". ( I'm not sure about that. Does calculation also includes adding strings together.)

- Use some kind of 3rd party plugin.

- My preferred one: Add a new text field. Create a zap which updates that field every time something is changed in the address. My problem with this: There seems to be no zap for any change in the contact. I have to create a zap for "if adress line changed", "if email changed", "if phone number changed", ... And finally one for "new contact". Is that correct?

Thanks!

Jan

Here's the template for the field I need:

[firstname] [lastname]

[company]

[adress], [zip], [city], [country]

E-Mail: [email]
Phone: [phonenumber]

Webpage: [url]

Responder
0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @jantheofel,

Calculated properties are available in Hubspot Enterprise, and unfortunately, this feature doesn't work with strings at the moment.

Zapier might be able to achieve what you are looking for using the trigger "New Contact Property Change" (Triggered every time a specified property is updated on any contact. This will also be triggered when a contact is created with this property.) 

Snippets might also be a solution for what you are looking for if you are sending an introductory email between two parties.  If you create a snippet that uses personalisation tokens...

hub-rec-nsippet.png

...you can then:

• send an email to the contact you are introducing and cc the party you are introducing them to (through the CRM or your own email client using the Sales Extension)
  • insert your snippet which will grab the fields for the contact you are sending the email to

hub-rec-snippet-email.png

I hope that helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

Nuevo colaborador

Hi Matthew!

Thanks for bringing up the solution with the snippets. I would need to create an emai lfor both persons but that would be fine. While checking your solution I mentioned that I need some more flexibility like inserting the landline phone number usually but if this one is missing I add the mobile one etc. 

I guess I will go for the Zapier-Connection. It's good to know that it is triggered on new contacts as well. I'm thinking if I add a "has been updated" field to use this as trigger for zapier so that I just need one zap there.

Jan

Responder
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Hi @jantheofel 

You could definitely also include the mobile phone number using a personalisation token (and any other contact field you would like included)

hubspot-snippet.png

Also, once you have created the email and inserted the snippet so that it populates with the desired values, you could just copy the populated snippet and send in a separate email to avoid having to send it to the contact you are recommending.

Glad that it looks like Zapier will work for you. It will definitely save a few steps once you have it set up.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

Responder
0 Me gusta
Nuevo colaborador

Hi Matthew,

I understand that I can insert every field as token.

But something like this is not possible, right?

[IF landline IS NOT EMPFTY]#landline[ELSE][IF mobilephone IS NOT EMPTY]#mobilephone[ENDIF][ENDIF]

I want to put th emobile phone number just in case the landline is not known.

Jan

Responder
0 Me gusta

@jantheofel 

That would require some HUBL code but unfortunately, HUBL code (excluding personalisation tokens) doesn't work in Snippets.

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

Responder
0 Me gusta