CRM

GKell
Colaborador(a)

Copy company property to only certain deals.

I work for a company that sells annual subscriptions and I want to be able copy certain properties from the initial annual deal to the renewal deal via workflow. To accomplish this I am copying info from the deal to the company and then back to the deal. 

I already have the workflow created that automatically creates the renewal deal, but now I want to copy properties from the initial deal to the renewal deal: amount, subscription end date, Deal ID. 

Let’s use Deal ID for this example…

We use Deal ID to tie the renewal to the initial annual deal and have have created an additional property called Parent Deal ID for this - Parent Deal ID on the renewal would be the initial annual Deal ID.

I have workflows setup that copy the Deal ID from the initial annual deal to the company where it is stored temporarily under the property Most Recently Closed Deal ID. I then want to copy that property back to the renewal deal. The issue is that the workflow only allows me to copy to ALL deals, I cannot copy to only deals that meet a certain criteria (e.g., only open renewal deals).

Is there anyway to specify that I want to copy a company property to only certain deals? It looks like the functionality exists with associations (copy to deals with X association label), but that’s not helpful in this scenario and an if/then also will not work becasue the action still pushes to all deals.

Deal>Company workflowDeal>Company workflowCompany>Deal workflow but without conditionsCompany>Deal workflow but without conditions

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
BShaide
Participante

Hey GKell, 

Were you able to figure this out? My company is having a similar issue with only wanting to copy the  company owner to deal owner for cetain deals.

Thanks,

B

0 Avaliação positiva
JHaber6
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Would it be possible to update the second workflow to be deal based instead? It would be triggered when the pipelie is 'Renewals', the stage is equal to one of the open renewal stages, AND the associated company's 'Most Recent Closed Won Id' is known.