Copy company logged activity to associated contacts

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm trying to translate a given company's activities (logged calls, emails etc.) over to its associated contacts via a workflow, but am unable. It seems that if an activity is originating from the company then it fails to link the activity to the associated contact's record.

Any ideas for automating this? Am I missing something? I'd appreciate any and all help!

2 Replies 2
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @AndyRe,

When we train users on the CRM system we always train to start at the contact level and allow information to flow down through the associated company, deal, ticket, etc. In most cases, you're dealing with person when you're having any sort of interaction, not the business entity, even in B2B situations. Generally, that person(s) would be where you log a call, email, etc. 

I very rarely come across an example where I would recommend starting at the company level unless no contacts were involved, because of the issue you're having now.

This doesn't solve your issue, I know. With a better understanding of the situation, I might be able to suggest a workaround. Let me know if you'd like to talk through this.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I would love an answer to this as well.

0 Upvotes