CRM

TS5

Copy company field to contact on record update

SOLVE

We have set up some simple workflows to copy fields from the company record to the associated contact records.

This works fine for newly created records, but does not work for existing records. I note that re-enrollment is not possible based on activities. 

If a company has 10 or 20 associated contacts and they update their address etc.. surely there is way to easily copy this back to the contact record? Using Is Known does not work for this.  

Screenshot 2023-05-05 161744.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TS5,

You would have to set this up as a company-based workflow that re-triggers when Trading Name is known on the company record. To have the workflow trigger for new contacts, it should look like this:

Trading Name is known
OR

Number of associated contacts is known

Enabled re-enrollment for both in this company-based workflow and you should be all set.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
TS5

SOLVE

Thanks so much Karsten!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TS5,

You would have to set this up as a company-based workflow that re-triggers when Trading Name is known on the company record. To have the workflow trigger for new contacts, it should look like this:

Trading Name is known
OR

Number of associated contacts is known

Enabled re-enrollment for both in this company-based workflow and you should be all set.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.