CRM

SeanPBurton
Participante

Converting a Country Property to a Continent Property

resolver

I have a Deal property called "Country of Residence" which we've loaded with a ISO list fo Countries. Staff than use then when creating a Deal. However we now want to do reporting by Continent (or sometimes even by other regions such as EU, EEA etc). Is there a way to do this via a new calculated property? I'm assuming I'd need to use a workflow and somehow load and match on a lookup list of continents/countries? Thanks for any guidance.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @SeanPBurton,

This is best done with a workflow. You would enroll all deals where "Country of Residence" is known and add an if/then branch.

IF "Country of Residence" is any of [countries of the first region] THEN set property value of "Region of residence" to [first region]

IF "Country of Residence" is any of [countries of the second region] THEN set property value of "Region of residence" to [second region]

etc

In other words, you're first creating a custom "Region of residence" property with dropdown options for each region. You're then using a workflow that looks at the "Country of Residence" and, based on that, uses the "Set property value" action to assign a "Region of residence". The workflow would need as many branches as you have regions.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
SeanPBurton
Participante

resolver

Thank you Karsten, understood. I'll work through that. 

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @SeanPBurton,

This is best done with a workflow. You would enroll all deals where "Country of Residence" is known and add an if/then branch.

IF "Country of Residence" is any of [countries of the first region] THEN set property value of "Region of residence" to [first region]

IF "Country of Residence" is any of [countries of the second region] THEN set property value of "Region of residence" to [second region]

etc

In other words, you're first creating a custom "Region of residence" property with dropdown options for each region. You're then using a workflow that looks at the "Country of Residence" and, based on that, uses the "Set property value" action to assign a "Region of residence". The workflow would need as many branches as you have regions.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.