CRM

GabrielSaleh

Contacts with multiple deals in a specific pipeline

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm facing the challenge of duplicated deals in a specific pipeline. We identified the technical cause but cannot act on this within the time we need.

To bring agility to operation, I need to create a workflow that identifies if the enrolled contact (triggered by a combination of associated deal's phase + pipeline) has another open deal in this pipeline.

If positive, I need to move that newest deal to another pipeline, guaranteeing that no one will be over-communicated.

I need to do it by a deal workflow to guarantee that I will move only the newest one. But I have to this identification based on the contact <> deal association's informatiom.

How would you solve that?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GabrielSaleh,

I spent some time trying to figure out the best way to work around your request.

Here's what I did:

1. I created a custom property "Check Deal Create Date - Dup" and make the filed a date picker (You can call this property anything you like, just make sure it's a date picker)

2. In my deal-based workflow, I set the triggers as (create date is known, number of associated deals in contact is greater than 1, and the pipeline is that specific pipeline you want)

3. I copied the create date into my custom property "Check Deal Create Date - Dup" and delayed for 1 hour to allow for an update

4. I used "if/else" to check for old deals and new deals: my old deals will be before my custom property "Check Dal Create Date - Dup" while my new deals will be after it. (Remember I have copied the "create date of the deal" into that property. So, date will give me an accurate result)

5. Then, I set the new deal into the pipeline of your choice.

Please check this video for details of the process and let me know if it helps.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GabrielSaleh,

I spent some time trying to figure out the best way to work around your request.

Here's what I did:

1. I created a custom property "Check Deal Create Date - Dup" and make the filed a date picker (You can call this property anything you like, just make sure it's a date picker)

2. In my deal-based workflow, I set the triggers as (create date is known, number of associated deals in contact is greater than 1, and the pipeline is that specific pipeline you want)

3. I copied the create date into my custom property "Check Deal Create Date - Dup" and delayed for 1 hour to allow for an update

4. I used "if/else" to check for old deals and new deals: my old deals will be before my custom property "Check Dal Create Date - Dup" while my new deals will be after it. (Remember I have copied the "create date of the deal" into that property. So, date will give me an accurate result)

5. Then, I set the new deal into the pipeline of your choice.

Please check this video for details of the process and let me know if it helps.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.