CRM

JChew
Participant

Contacts that are freelancers and don't have companies

SOLVE

We have leads that are solopreneurs - they don't have a website or a company - but they do contract work with one or more customers in HS. 

How do we create a contact and corresponding company record for these? 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @JChew  and @TiphaineCuisset ,

I think there is a workaround here for this so let me give a try, So let me explain first we have many freelancers and some of them might have working with more than one customers. Now what we have in HubSpot is we can not associate one contact with more than one company at a same time. So in this case I would suggest we should identify in between all contacts who are freelancers and for this I would suggest you to create one custom property in which you can mark these contacts with a tag of Freelancer.

Now we have identified the freelancers and the second issue is we can not map them with more than one company so for this I will suggest you to create a company with the name 'Freelancers' and map all these contact with this company. So now we have all freelancers under one umbrella or one company named as Freelancers. 

Now the third issue is how we associate them with diff customers or diff companies so I think this can't be done through cont and company object. What I suggest is for every freelancing work or project we should manage it through a ticket pipeline, we can create a new pipeline with any new name and whenever we have new project we can create new ticket for that and in this ticket we can associate the customer/company and that contact (freelancer contact). I think in ticket more than one company can be associated so in this case every ticket will get associated with at least two company first is customer's company who is giving business to freelancer and second one is obvious 'Freelancers'. After project completion or on ticket closure we can create report for same that which freelancer is working in how many tickets or with how many companies. 

If this helps please mark this as a solution for others in the community.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
No, I don’t think you needed extra access. As ticket access is HubSpot has given in their free plan as well and we do not need any automation just need to do simple things. So it should work for you.

And please mark this as a solution if you found this helpful.

Thank you

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @JChew  and @TiphaineCuisset ,

I think there is a workaround here for this so let me give a try, So let me explain first we have many freelancers and some of them might have working with more than one customers. Now what we have in HubSpot is we can not associate one contact with more than one company at a same time. So in this case I would suggest we should identify in between all contacts who are freelancers and for this I would suggest you to create one custom property in which you can mark these contacts with a tag of Freelancer.

Now we have identified the freelancers and the second issue is we can not map them with more than one company so for this I will suggest you to create a company with the name 'Freelancers' and map all these contact with this company. So now we have all freelancers under one umbrella or one company named as Freelancers. 

Now the third issue is how we associate them with diff customers or diff companies so I think this can't be done through cont and company object. What I suggest is for every freelancing work or project we should manage it through a ticket pipeline, we can create a new pipeline with any new name and whenever we have new project we can create new ticket for that and in this ticket we can associate the customer/company and that contact (freelancer contact). I think in ticket more than one company can be associated so in this case every ticket will get associated with at least two company first is customer's company who is giving business to freelancer and second one is obvious 'Freelancers'. After project completion or on ticket closure we can create report for same that which freelancer is working in how many tickets or with how many companies. 

If this helps please mark this as a solution for others in the community.

Thank you.

JChew
Participant

SOLVE

@SNigam

Thank you for responding. This is an interesting suggestion. We have the licence for Marketing Professional. Would we need to have the license for Support Professional to execute this? 

0 Upvotes
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
No, I don’t think you needed extra access. As ticket access is HubSpot has given in their free plan as well and we do not need any automation just need to do simple things. So it should work for you.

And please mark this as a solution if you found this helpful.

Thank you
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JChew 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Mike_Eastwood @Aakar @SNigam what would be your best practices for this use case? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !