Contacts disappeared

Hiya 🙂

I logged on and it seems the contacts that I added recently have vanished.  I've looked at posts on the subject, checked I'm in the right filter etc, spoken to customer service who confirmed I only had one hubspot account and that I had a number of contacts that I knew was too low

Any ideas for other things to try?

Thanks

Alison

6 Replies 6
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @AuntyAly

Are you integrated with any other systems that could have the power to delete contacts? Or are their any other users that could delete them?

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes

No it's just me that is accessing it and it's not linked to anything.  That's what is so strange about this

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @AuntyAly

Ok, interesting. Couple of Qs:

How many contacts do you have and how many do you think you are missing?

How were the missing contacts added to the system - manually, imported?

Can you double check that you've got permissions (in settings) to view all contacts?

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am experiencing the same issue in my CRM. It is just myself and I am inputting the contacts manually.

On Monday after inputting 46 contacts it said I had 88 total. Today, Wednesday, when I logged in, it said I had only 65. I am apparently missing 23 contacts, exactly half of what it said I input on Monday.

I found this in the settings section for contacts: 

Capture.PNG

Does this mean that an email is automatically sent out to a contact as soon as I input their info to the CRM?

Is the numbering system off so that the numbers do not automatically sync up when I input a lot very quickly?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Selleck,

There is no communication with a contact within your portal by HubSpot. All emails will be triggered and sent by you. 

I would recommend taking a look at Phil's idea of checking to make sure you are viewing all contacts and not a filtered list.

Thanks,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello @jennysowyrda

Thank you for the clarification regarding the communication of contacts. 

I tested to see if there truly were contacts being deleted when I entered them manually:

The contact count on the left said that I had 117 contacts that I had manually inputted one after another. However, when I exported my list to a CSV I found that the actual count was 92. I gave the CRM an overnight cycle and checked back the next day. The display on the left says 92 contacts.

From these results, I think that when creating contacts, one-after-another, in rapid succession, the system gets a little zealous in its accounting.

If you want to know exactly how many contacts you have after typing a bunch in, click the checkbox for select all and it will display the correct amount.