CRM

VanCa

Contacts disappeared after linking profile with company

Hello Hubspot Community, 

a month ago, I opened a Hubspot account to keep track of my personal contacts. I then added a company account profile (my startup) and a colleague. Since then my contacts have somehow disappeared. 

Do you know how I can get them back?

Best
Vanessa

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Contacts disappeared after linking profile with company

Hi Vanessa,

It sounds very much like you've somehow inadvertently set up a second, separate Hub.  

When you log in to HubSpot you'll see a 7 digit number in the URL at the top of the screen - this is your Hub number.  

I'd contact support using the chat applet first, just to confirm that my suspicion is right.  I've never known any other cause for mass contact disappearance, but it's possible I'm wrong!

There is a lot of guidance on the forums for "merging" two accounts (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Account-Settings/Merging-Hubspot-User-Account-into-Team-Account/td-..., for example), but Support should be able to assist you with retrieving your old Hub and adding your colleague to this.  

Alternatively, once you've located your old Hub (again, if I'm right!!) feel free to post here for advice/guidance/support.

Hope this helps!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
0 Upvotes