CRM

BrianMac

Contacts changed to "Unknown Visitor"

About a week ago I noticed a large amount of the emails in my inbox started displaying as "unknown visitor." They previously showed the contact information as normal. Today I am realizing that a large amount of my contacts have been changed to "Unknown Visitor." It's seemingly random, as some of them were long time contacts that I have actively been in communication with, others are newer, and plenty more are unaffected. 

I'm not sure where to look to start addressing this issue, has anyone else had this happen? 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

Update: It would appear that the contacts in question are completely deleted from my contact list! I don't know how this is happening. 

1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Contacts changed to "Unknown Visitor"

Hey @BrianMac 

I'm happy to assist you with these questions.

First about your deleted contacts, you are able to restore them following the steps on this article: Restore deleted contacts, companies, deals, or tickets

About the "unknown visitor" are you able to share a screenshot with more information in what are you seeing on your side? This way would be easier for us to identify what could potentially be happening in your end.

In general, conversations with existing contacts should come pre-populated with their information. However, if these are visitors are not yet in your CRM, you'd see "Unknown Visitor" in the chat. So I would like to see more about your view in the email inbox. 

This article explains more about how HubSpot tracks visitors and why they can be bucket as Unknown visitors: Track visitors in HubSpot

The more screenshots and details you can provide, the better the community can assist you.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes