Contacts and companies not synching properly

bkrsteven9

Hi! I have imported a list of contacts and a separate list of companies through a csv file. The URLs/domains of the companies match the email addresses of the contacts but HUbspot isn't connecting them automatically like all of the help menus say it should. 

Originally, I thought it might be because there were back slashes at the end of the domains. When I deleted the backslash from within hubspot and refreshed, the contacts were associated. However, when I removed the backslashes from all of the domains in the CSV and reimported, it didn't sync the contacts and companies. It shows the logo of the company beside the persons name in the contacts dashboard but when I enter a contact it says the person has no company. I am not sure what else to do. is my only option manually connecting them all?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @bkrsteven9  Just to be clear, Company/Contact Association does not populate the Company Name contact property. That needs to be done manually, or via workflow.  The association will populate the company card on the contact record, show the company logo next to the contact's name at the top of the record, and add the contact as an associated contact on the company record. 

Can you confirm with me that it is the contact property Company Name that is not populating?  If so, this works as designed. If not, pleae forward a link or the name of a cotnact that is not populating correctly and I'll do my best to troubelshoot further.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
bkrsteven9

Hi Ed,

I sorted this out. I didn't realize there were two different synching settings that needed to be turned on. Once I turned on the company synch it worked fine.

Thanks!

Brett

0 Upvotes
hel10z

Hi Brett,

I am experiencing the same thing.

Can you explain where these sync settings are and how you enabled them?

Cheers

0 Upvotes
ChristianRieck
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi Ed, 

i have a questions going little in that direction... I have understood that HS will generate a company card out of a contact based on the E-Mail Domain. Thats finde and helps when uploading. 

Doing this with our customers data, it is generally working. But the information included in the company card ist far from the information our customer has in their current CRM. Partly HS only takes Name, Domain, Description, LinkedIn Page an some other properties. But information like street, zip code and city is missing. 

When we upload the companies seperatly, there is no link between contacts and companies. 

What is in you opinion the best way to migrate data to the Hubspot CRM?

Regards, 

Christian

Christian Rieck

Hubspot, Inbound Marketing,

CRM, Sales Enablement

christian@mark-lotse.com
www.mark-lotse.com
linkedin
Lust über HubSpot zu quatschen?
0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ChristianRieck   HubSpot populates company information based on the data found in our Insights database. In some cases, company data includes street address and postal zones, in many cases it doesn't. Regardless, if you include physical address information as part of your CSV upload, it will overwrite any data provided by the Insights database. 

If you are just starting the import process, it is best to upload companies first, then upload contacts, as contact association will occur based on the email domain.  If you already have a robust database of compaines and contacts, again, its best to import new companies first, then add new contacts accordingly. 

With contact/company association activated, your new contacts will automatically link to the company based on the email domain. 

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes