CRM

mercierv

Contacts and Companies info visibility

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

I came across a nice features that I would like to have, or at least know to use it if existing. 

Let's say I am the owner of the contact, I've manually logged a meeting, a call and 2 emails in it. 
Now, I only want me and another user to see one of the email log and not the other one. All the other users could see the contact but not the emails logs. 
Let's put it this way, imagine I have 4 teams (Partners, Managers, Employee and Admin) and I want the following rights on it:

Contact view and editing - All of the teams

Email 1 log - Partners

Email 2 log - Managers

Call - All of the teams

Meeting - Partners and Admin

Is that possible to do so and if yes, can I manage those rights manually (for instance tomorrow I want to give access to both emails logs to everyone)

Thanks in advance for your help !
Valentin

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Updated original answer to be more clear and include references. Please let us know if that helps.

To answer your question directly, a 'record' means the entire Contact or Company entity. This means, once access is granted to a Contact the viewer can see everything on that record -- e.g., all properties, emails, calls, notes, tasks, etc. for that Contact.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Can we limit visibility on HubSpot contact records?

Short A: No. Not native HubSpot built-in functionality. Visibility and access to HubSpot contact records is given at the record level. This means an owner or team member has complete visibility into a Contact, Company, etc. once access is granted.

- see HubSpot user permissions guide

- see Edit a user's permissions

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
mercierv

SOLVE

Hi Frank, Thank you for your quick answer. 

Another question then: what is the record level in a contact ?

Does that mean that all the records are shown or not, or can I still say all the logs records can be view by a team ?

Thanks

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Updated original answer to be more clear and include references. Please let us know if that helps.

To answer your question directly, a 'record' means the entire Contact or Company entity. This means, once access is granted to a Contact the viewer can see everything on that record -- e.g., all properties, emails, calls, notes, tasks, etc. for that Contact.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes