CRM

profitinit

Contacts and Companies assigning themselves after creating tasks

SOLVE

I was working my tasks yesterday and now when I go to new tasks that I scheduled, some of them have the wrong companies associated with them and they look like they have been mixed up. How could this happen and how can I fix it?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
vrneuman
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @profitinit,

You should be able to change which company is associated with a task by clicking on its name in Sales > Tasks, then entering the Associate with records dropdown menu.  Click the checkbox next to the current company to disassociate it.  Type the company you do want associated in the Search all records box and click its checkbox to complete the process.  Click Save to complete the process. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
vrneuman
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @profitinit,

You should be able to change which company is associated with a task by clicking on its name in Sales > Tasks, then entering the Associate with records dropdown menu.  Click the checkbox next to the current company to disassociate it.  Type the company you do want associated in the Search all records box and click its checkbox to complete the process.  Click Save to complete the process. 

0 Upvotes
profitinit

SOLVE

That worked. Thank you! All I had to do was click on Title and remove the companies and contacts that didn't belong. The ones that did belong were still there. Wish I knew how it happened in the first place.

0 Upvotes
na1

SOLVE

How do we prevent this from happening? I have thousands of companies/contacts and hundreds of tasks. I cannot go through each and every task and click the wrongly associated company/etc. That is menial and time consuming., 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes