Contacts Default Property Disappeared

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi...the start of my contact list was an import from an Excel sheet. Of course, company name was there as a default property under contact information object, and I mapped it to company name in my Excel sheet...and now it's not there, and I can't create it again, where it keeps giving me a message that it's a default property, and I can't view company name for any contact Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance for the prompt support.

Sami

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @samirousan,

Can you try clicking on the button on the bottom of the About section that says "View All Properties" and from there search for "Company Name". It's possible you removed it from about, but it still exists in the system. 

Additionally, if you are automatically creating companies based on the contact email address, you should see the associated company on the right side in a pop-out box. This wouldn't be the data that you uploaded in the spreadsheet, but automatically generated by the HubSpot system.

If neither of these is the case, please share more information.

Thanks! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

New Contributor

Thanks for the support.

Unfortunately, the same result. I still can't find it. Again, when I try to creat it again, the system doesn't allow me, with a message saying that Company Name is a default property that already exists. 

Thanks,

Sami

0 Upvotes

@samirousan,

I would be happy to do a screenshare to troubleshoot this with you. Feel free to book some time for a Zoom.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

@roisinkirby@jennysowyrda@sharonlicari,

I spoke with @samirousan this morning and it does appear that these default fields were deleted and they cannot be recreated. 

Is it possible to restore this property from your end? Specifically, it is the Company Name property on the contact record.

HubID: 6574855

Thanks!

Josh 

Josh Curcio

Community Manager

Hi @Josh and @samirousan,

Have you tried adding the property back with the same internal name? This should restore the data. 

@himanshurauthan outlined this here.

If you already tried this, do you mind confirming whether the property did not come back, or just the data didn't come back? 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes

Hi @jennysowyrda,

On the screenshare we did attempt this but it gives an error and says that the property already exists. When we searched for it, nothing came up.

My only other assumption is that there is another property with a different Label but the same internal name.  

Josh

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Josh and @samirousan,

It sounds like the property is still there but is associated with another property name. @samirousan have you tried searching for some of the content that was in the field when imported to see if it populates in another property? 

Additionally, as the internal value will show in the information about the properties, one option would be to go through the properties in your portal to see which has the internal value you are looking for. 

Finally, if you have access to a developer, you can use the contact property api to view the internal values.

If you are still stuck after taking these steps, can you please send along a har file of what happens when you try to create a new property, as well as confirm the name of the internal value you are trying to create? 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes