CRM

JWills8

Contact with multiple deals in same pipeline

SOLVE

Have a use case where a contact can have multiple deals in the same pipeline at one time.  We are using salesforce integration so we have several workflows that are contact based that update deal stages. Is there a way to filter/select which deal gets updated by these workflows. 

Example: Deal one is in Closed Won, Deal two is in New Order Requested. Only update Deal two to new deal stage when Contact property x is changed. 

1 Accepted solution
LaurenRyan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@JWills8 the only way to do this would be a highly filtered (enrollment criteria) deal-based workflow. I'd recommend turning on the Deal<>Opportunity sync and using a Salesforce Flow for this one. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
LaurenRyan
Solution

SOLVE

@JWills8 the only way to do this would be a highly filtered (enrollment criteria) deal-based workflow. I'd recommend turning on the Deal<>Opportunity sync and using a Salesforce Flow for this one. 🙂

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@JWills8 that's an interesting quandry. I'm checking with some of the workflow experts I work with and will think about it as well. 

At first glance it seems like we wouldn't want to base a Deal workflow on a Contact property that could change over all Deal interactions. Can you share a little more detail on the Contact property that's driving the Deal change? Is there another way to trigger that Deal stage change? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
danmoyle

SOLVE

@JWills8 in a deal-based workflow, you should also be able to exclude closed won deals from coming into the workflow at all. Just FYI, if that helps. 

h/t @Molly_Rigatti for the insight. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
JWills8

SOLVE

Hey @danmoyle. Thanks for taking a look and trying to help me find a solution. 

We currently have one team working out of salesforce that is verifying information. Once they verify, they are changing a contact field in salesforce, to update the coresponding contact field in hubspot (this field gets updates several times through our sales process).  We are then using a contact based workflow to move their deal then to the next stage based off the field update. 

We are still new to salesforce and haven't taken advantage of deal to opportunity syncing yet. This appears to be the only solution, using a flow in salesforce to update the specific deal based off the contact property change then using the sync to update the coresponding deal in hubspot. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @JWills8 happy Friday! Thank you for posting in our Community! I want to invite our top experts to this conversation to share their thoughts @danmoyle @Schenavp @Josh any recommendations to @JWills8 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !