CRM

auto_mate
Colaborador(a)

Contact properties "show in forms" - what about "show in contact card"?

resolver

We have a lot of legacy data in various contact properties.

And heavy HS-SalesForce integration.

We have streamlined the dropdown/selection options for many contact properties, synced the options with SF, and have toggled the legacy options to not "show in forms".

However, if a colleague goes to a Contact Record and manually edits field options, in the dropdowns they get all the legacy options 😞 and are then likely to input "bad" data!

Is there a way to stop this behavior, and e.g. limit the options shown in the Contact Record to those marked "show in forms"?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
bradmin
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi, @auto_mate. The functionality you're asking about doesn't exist. There's also no equivalent of validation rules in HubSpot, so you won't be able to do anything to prevent a HubSpot-side save. [While you could set up the Salesforce picklist to be restricted, disallowing nonmatching values, I don't recommend this. HubSpot contacts with nonmatching values will simply have a sync error until the data is fixed; this is rarely a manageable solution.]

I know this isn't what you're looking to hear, but the best practice is to backfill records with legacy values with updated values. This is a lot easier to do by editing the HubSpot picklist. Change any picklist value (not the label) to exactly match an active value, and you should see a prompt asking you if you want to update all contacts with the legacy value, to the active value. 

If you have a reason to use legacy values in Salesforce, but not in HubSpot, you may want to consider creating a custom field in Salesforce and offloading legacy values there. This is not a use case that the HubSpot product can handle. If the value exists on the picklist, visible or not on forms, active or inactive, it's always able to be manually edited from the HubSpot contact. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
bradmin
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi, @auto_mate. The functionality you're asking about doesn't exist. There's also no equivalent of validation rules in HubSpot, so you won't be able to do anything to prevent a HubSpot-side save. [While you could set up the Salesforce picklist to be restricted, disallowing nonmatching values, I don't recommend this. HubSpot contacts with nonmatching values will simply have a sync error until the data is fixed; this is rarely a manageable solution.]

I know this isn't what you're looking to hear, but the best practice is to backfill records with legacy values with updated values. This is a lot easier to do by editing the HubSpot picklist. Change any picklist value (not the label) to exactly match an active value, and you should see a prompt asking you if you want to update all contacts with the legacy value, to the active value. 

If you have a reason to use legacy values in Salesforce, but not in HubSpot, you may want to consider creating a custom field in Salesforce and offloading legacy values there. This is not a use case that the HubSpot product can handle. If the value exists on the picklist, visible or not on forms, active or inactive, it's always able to be manually edited from the HubSpot contact. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
auto_mate
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Great answer thanks. This confirms my thinking.

Thank you.