CRM

mklass
Participant

Contact not with company anymore (but still want info)

SOLVE

Hi All,

In the industry that I deal with, I have seen many contacts leave and end up with other companies that I deal with. I feel like I should still have them, even if I don't have their personal emails. Perhaps I add notes to the contact and the company. Perhaps I make a category of such contacts. Maybe I don't know how to throw things out. Not a major problem, but I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mklass,

A few options. You could remove those items if you'd like.

You could opt that person out of email subscriptions.

Additionally, you could adjust lead status to include "former employee" and check that for each.

Finally, you could create a custom property which marks contacts as active/inactive.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @mklass,

We have some clients that create a new contact for the same person at the new business and start to log relevant data and information for the new one, leaving the old on in place.

We also have clients that change the company association and email address for the same person with the original contact record. In this case, the old information is still logged to the old company record and the same contact record and the new information is logged to the new company and the same contact record.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
mklass
Participant

SOLVE

I like the answer Josh,

According to the first approach, I am guessing, I would keep the contact affiliated with the old company, but remove the company email and phone info. Any suggestion, how I can easily mark them as inactive?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @mklass,

A few options. You could remove those items if you'd like.

You could opt that person out of email subscriptions.

Additionally, you could adjust lead status to include "former employee" and check that for each.

Finally, you could create a custom property which marks contacts as active/inactive.

Josh 

Josh Curcio