CRM

LSwain

Contact name not updating

SOLVE

I'm trying to change the name of a contact, but each time I edit the field and save the record, it resets to the old name. What am I doing wrong?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LSwain,

Can you navigate to the contact record, click View all properties in the left sidebar, then search for first name, hover your mouse over it and click Details? This will show you a change history.

I'll use my telepathic HubSpot powers here.... 🪬🔮 ... and make the educated guess that you're using the Salesforce integration? If so, it's likely set to prefer the Salesforce first name in the integration settings (Settings > Integrations > Connected apps > Salesforce). You're making a change, Salesforce is changing it back immediately. If that's the case, you would have to review that setting in the field mapping and change it accordingly – or change the name in Salesforce.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LSwain,

You can see what happens when you turn off the sync here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/how-do-i-uninstall-the-hubspot-salesforce-integration#disco...

(If my replies helped you, please accept them as accepted solutions 🙂 )

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LSwain,

Can you navigate to the contact record, click View all properties in the left sidebar, then search for first name, hover your mouse over it and click Details? This will show you a change history.

I'll use my telepathic HubSpot powers here.... 🪬🔮 ... and make the educated guess that you're using the Salesforce integration? If so, it's likely set to prefer the Salesforce first name in the integration settings (Settings > Integrations > Connected apps > Salesforce). You're making a change, Salesforce is changing it back immediately. If that's the case, you would have to review that setting in the field mapping and change it accordingly – or change the name in Salesforce.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

LSwain

SOLVE

Amazing - Thank you- I'm moving from salesforce as our CRM over to Hubspot. I assume that if I turn the sync off, all the contacts, companies, opportunities, etc coming from SFDC will delete in Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LSwain,

You can see what happens when you turn off the sync here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/how-do-i-uninstall-the-hubspot-salesforce-integration#disco...

(If my replies helped you, please accept them as accepted solutions 🙂 )

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler