CRM

Betoquiroga09

Contact lookup certain fields using search box

SOLVE

This might be a very specific request. 

I´m working for an enterprise and for cultural reasons the sales reps can´t be allowed to even see information from other contacts due to the fact that they might try to cheat and steal that information in order to steal the sale as well.

My problem is.....   I need my sales reps to see certain contact fields in the hubspot database without them knowing all the contact info. Why? Well because the enterprise I´m in actually accepts duplicates but my sales reps want to know if somebody else has the same contact they do.

I have searched everywhere, I even considered some sort of SQL Query that would populate a form with a searchbar.  But if there´s a simpler way to do this please let me know.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello Alberto,

If you want to hide contacts from users, you can use HubSpot user permissions.

In the settings, find "Users & teams" and create a role for your sales reps with Contacts Access set to "Team only" or "Owned only". (If you tick the "Unassigned" box, all contacts without an owner will be visible to a sales rep, too. It sound like you should leave this unticked in your case.)

sales-role.png

You can now go ahead and assign this newly created role to your sales reps. If sales reps from the same team should be able to see shared contacts, you would have to create teams (also under "Users & teams").

From now on, a sales rep would only see contacts that have been assigned to someone from their team (in case of the "Team only" contacts access) or contacts only by them ("Owned only" contacts access).

If you haven't assigned contacts to sales reps yet, you can learn about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

Hope this helps!

PS. As far as I know there is no way to hide part of the contact information from users. Either a user will see the full contact record – or nothing.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello Alberto,

If you want to hide contacts from users, you can use HubSpot user permissions.

In the settings, find "Users & teams" and create a role for your sales reps with Contacts Access set to "Team only" or "Owned only". (If you tick the "Unassigned" box, all contacts without an owner will be visible to a sales rep, too. It sound like you should leave this unticked in your case.)

sales-role.png

You can now go ahead and assign this newly created role to your sales reps. If sales reps from the same team should be able to see shared contacts, you would have to create teams (also under "Users & teams").

From now on, a sales rep would only see contacts that have been assigned to someone from their team (in case of the "Team only" contacts access) or contacts only by them ("Owned only" contacts access).

If you haven't assigned contacts to sales reps yet, you can learn about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

Hope this helps!

PS. As far as I know there is no way to hide part of the contact information from users. Either a user will see the full contact record – or nothing.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.