CRM

RNovoa
Participant

Contact life span

SOLVE

I am very interested in keeping my contacts' notes, interactions, etc... for ever. I have read and researched but haven´t found anything related to it.

Does it exist a limited life span? Does it function for "non marketing contacts" as well?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

Contact life span

SOLVE

Hi @RNovoa,

To the best of my knowledge, your HubSpot data has no expiration date.  Providing your account remains active, your contact, company, and deal data will be retained "forever".  

This is equally true for "non-marketing" contacts.  Bear in mind that flagging a contact/contacts as non-marketing only affects them for the current and future billing periods, and they can be switched back at any stage.  I'd be pretty annoyed if someone I'd moved to non-marketing became a marketing contact again and their data had been deleted in the interim.  

While it's generally unwise to assume ANYTHING in life, I think we can take the fact that there's nothing in the Marketing Contacts area of the knowledge base to indicate that data will be deleted as a good indicator that it WON'T be deleted.  😁

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

Contact life span

SOLVE

Hi @RNovoa,

To the best of my knowledge, your HubSpot data has no expiration date.  Providing your account remains active, your contact, company, and deal data will be retained "forever".  

This is equally true for "non-marketing" contacts.  Bear in mind that flagging a contact/contacts as non-marketing only affects them for the current and future billing periods, and they can be switched back at any stage.  I'd be pretty annoyed if someone I'd moved to non-marketing became a marketing contact again and their data had been deleted in the interim.  

While it's generally unwise to assume ANYTHING in life, I think we can take the fact that there's nothing in the Marketing Contacts area of the knowledge base to indicate that data will be deleted as a good indicator that it WON'T be deleted.  😁

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"