CRM

GFigueroa
Mitglied

Contact import failing

lösung

I keep getting the error message "Something Went Wrong" when attemping to import my contact cvs file. No futher explanation for the error is given.

There are no blank spaces in the file, every contact has an email address, and there are no funny characters. What could be going wrong?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
BrettLanguirand
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contact import failing

lösung

Hi @GFigueroa,

I wanted to let you know that I was able to import a new copy of the CSV that you provided into your protal.  It looks like the original file was encoded in a way that Hubspot was having difficult reading.  The file that you sent me was in UTF-16 format, but CSVs imported into Hubspot must be in UTF-8.  

In addition to the steps in the link above, a quick solution is to copy all of the data into Google Sheets, and export the CSV from there.  There are typically less encoding issues from Google Sheets.

I hope this helps!

Brett

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
11 Antworten
Marleybeezie
Mitglied

Contact import failing

lösung
I just imported 510 contacts only got 1 error but I can only see 236 contacts did I do something wrong or am I missing something please help ! - Marley
0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contact import failing

lösung

Hello @Marleybeezie

Do you have any filters in the left column added to your view that could be preventing all of the contacts from displaying?  

Brett

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contact import failing

lösung

Hello @GFigueroa,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question!

Can you please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and try again?  Also, please try using a different web browser.  If neither of these suggestions work, can you please private message me a link to the file hosted online somewhere (Google Drive or Dropbox)?

Thank you,

Brett

0 Upvotes
GFigueroa
Mitglied

Contact import failing

lösung

Brett,

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately those methods didn't work. I'll shoot over the file to you.

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contact import failing

lösung

Hi @GFigueroa,

I received your private message.  Can you please explain at what point you see the error message in the import process?  Below are the steps that one takes during the import process - let me know where you are experiencing the error.

1. Go to contacts > actions > import contacts.

2. Strat a new import > Contacts > Select a file > Upload.

3. Import Name and Select a lifecycle stage (let me know which lifecycle stage you are selecting) > "Next, map your properties"

4. Map your properties > "Next, confirm additional options"

5. True > True > True > Enter your initials and "Finish Import"

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
GFigueroa
Mitglied

Contact import failing

lösung

Hey @BrettLanguirand,

I make it through all of these steps successfully. Only at the very end after clickling "finish import" does the "Something Went Wrong" message appear.

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contact import failing

lösung

Hi @GFigueroa,

I'd like to attempt to import the CSV into your portal to see if I can reproduce the issue.  Which lifecycle stage would you like to import these contacts as?  

Brett

0 Upvotes
GFigueroa
Mitglied

Contact import failing

lösung

@BrettLanguirand,

Lead is fine, thank you!

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contact import failing

lösung

Hi @GFigueroa,

I wanted to let you know that I was able to import a new copy of the CSV that you provided into your protal.  It looks like the original file was encoded in a way that Hubspot was having difficult reading.  The file that you sent me was in UTF-16 format, but CSVs imported into Hubspot must be in UTF-8.  

In addition to the steps in the link above, a quick solution is to copy all of the data into Google Sheets, and export the CSV from there.  There are typically less encoding issues from Google Sheets.

I hope this helps!

Brett

0 Upvotes
SAydın
Mitglied

Contact import failing

lösung

It did not work

0 Upvotes
GFigueroa
Mitglied

Contact import failing

lösung

@BrettLanguirand,

Thank you so much! I just tried uploading a different file and didn't have any issues this time. I really appreciate your help!

Giovanna

0 Upvotes