CRM

ProEdgeAdmin
Participant

Contact import failing

SOLVE

I am unable to upload a file to import contact information. I have been able to upload and successfully import 2 other files created the same way. I have performed all the troubleshooting steps suggested, verifying that it is a comma delimited text file (.csv), UTF-8 format. The only thing different with this files is that there is a large amount of data in one field.

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ProEdgeAdmin
Solution
Participant

Contact import failing

SOLVE

I was able to to the upload the file and the import processed successfully.  It is possible that this issue was related to a timeout that occurred during upload - the file is 135 MB. Although I have a 50 down and 10 up connection, I suspect the file was taking too long to upload. When I switch to a Google Fiber connection, it worked just fine. Is it possible to extend the upload timeout? 

For now, all good. Thanks for the help. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Contact import failing

SOLVE

Hi @ProEdgeAdmin

Which field is it and how much data is in it? Some HubSpot properties have limits, e.g.: Do single line and multi-line text field properties have a character limit?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
ProEdgeAdmin
Participant

Contact import failing

SOLVE

I created a custom multi-line field. To test, I was able to cut and paste the data into the field from the CSV file manually and it saved and presents without issue. I am not sure of the exact character count in the largest entry. Let's call it an even 1,000. BUT, the import doesn't fail with errors, it fails during Upload. "Something went wrong. Try again" error. 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Contact import failing

SOLVE

Hi @ProEdgeAdmin

Ah, ok, can't be the character limit then. 

Have you tried clearing your cache or doing the import in a different browser?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
ProEdgeAdmin
Participant

Contact import failing

SOLVE
I have tried Chone, safari. I have not tried safari. I will try that.
0 Upvotes
ProEdgeAdmin
Participant

Contact import failing

SOLVE
I meant I have tried Chrome and Firefox. I will try Safari.
0 Upvotes
ProEdgeAdmin
Participant

Contact import failing

SOLVE

In Safari, I got the same "Something went wrong" error message. I am working from a mac. I can try a windows PC if you think that would help. 

0 Upvotes
ProEdgeAdmin
Solution
Participant

Contact import failing

SOLVE

I was able to to the upload the file and the import processed successfully.  It is possible that this issue was related to a timeout that occurred during upload - the file is 135 MB. Although I have a 50 down and 10 up connection, I suspect the file was taking too long to upload. When I switch to a Google Fiber connection, it worked just fine. Is it possible to extend the upload timeout? 

For now, all good. Thanks for the help. 

0 Upvotes