CRM

OrriCQ
Contributor

Contact forwarded email, recipient signed up for emails and was merged with the original contact

SOLVE

Hi there,

I have a situation where one of my contacts, already in the database forwarded an email to a friend and recommended they get on our email list. The friend did so and filled out the email contact form.

The original contact's data was overwritten by the friend's data. How did that happen?

Best,

Orri

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
OliviaRoberts
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Contact forwarded email, recipient signed up for emails and was merged with the original contact

SOLVE

Hi @OrriCQ!

I would recommend checking out this community post which outlines why a contact is overwritten as well as steps to separate the two records.

All the best,

Olivia 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
OliviaRoberts
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @OrriCQ!

I would recommend checking out this community post which outlines why a contact is overwritten as well as steps to separate the two records.

All the best,

Olivia 

0 Upvotes
OrriCQ
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @OliviaRoberts,

That post did not include the exact instructions for what I needed, but enough information for me to dig and find out how to disable the merging.

Thank you!

Orri

0 Upvotes