Contact emails not appearing in Deal

Highlighted
New Contributor

I sent an email to a contact via Outlook w/ Hubspot plug-in to start a deal. I created the deal and associated the contact. When I did that, I left the check box for "Allow timeline activity from CONTACT to this deal starting from 30 days" checked. I got a bounceback - the original contact email wasn't valid - so I added a second contact to the deal (which didn't ask about "allow timeline ..") and sent a solicitation to that second contact. The first contact solicitation email, which bounced, is logged and visible for the the deal. Even after I remove the no longer valid contact associated with that email, the email remains. No email for the 2nd contact ever appears for the deal. I then try forwarding (via BCC) the 2nd contact email to Hubspot. It still does not appear for the deal. The email does appear (once) for the second contact, just not in the deal with which that second content is associated.

I read that I need to make sure the deal hasn't expired yet. It hasn't.
I read that the contact needs to be customer status. It wasn't, but I changed it.

I tried removing and readding the 2nd contact.

Any ideas?

Also .. is there a way to check that box for "associate timeline" after the deal is created? It appears that that option is only available when a deal is first created for whatever contacts you happen to choose at that moment. Is that correct?

4 Replies 4
Regular Advisor

Hello @midofru 

Can you please share here the screenshot showing the email activity of the email sent to the first contact that was invalid?

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
Esteemed Advisor

@midofru  You can associate manually. Make sure the new contact is associated first. 

There is an associated with component, add who you want - company, contact, deal

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Example - Add timeline activity for Contact.JPGSee the highlighted option when you first create a Deal? I don't see this option for contacts I add to an already existing deal.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Missing emails from Contacts - Redacted.jpgMy original contact for a deal wasn't good. I have since added a new contact and corresponded with them. The emails are logged in the contact, but not in the deal.

0 Upvotes