CRM

NLakmali

Contact being created with Email-ID in name field via hubspot gmail plugin

SOLVE

Hello,

When I send an email from Gmail with the Hubspot chrome extension enabled, there is a new contact that gets created in Hubspot (as it should) for every new contact that I email.

However, this is becoming slightly cumbersome, since the contact that does get created in HubSpot picks up the email address as the name of the contact.

How do I fix this to pick up Name as name and Email ID in the respective fields.

Screenshot for reference.

NLakmali_1-1673615747313.png

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@NLakmali Is the contact getting created net new to the CRM because you're emailing them directly? 

If so, as you email back and forth with this user - the HubSpot Insights tool will analyze the email footer from the user and append the First name and last name values in the CRM record. 

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@NLakmali Is the contact getting created net new to the CRM because you're emailing them directly? 

If so, as you email back and forth with this user - the HubSpot Insights tool will analyze the email footer from the user and append the First name and last name values in the CRM record. 

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

NLakmali

SOLVE

@christopher-RVO Thank you. This worked. Essentially, 2 communication threads between the parties help sync the data in Hubspot!

0 Upvotes