CRM

pharilson
Membro

Contact and Activity Permissions

resolver

Good Morning - We want our sales people to be able to see all contacts but management wants to lock it down where the sales folks can not see eachothers activity inside that contact.  Is there way to do this?

1 Solução aceita
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: We want our sales people to be able to see all contacts but management wants to lock it down where the sales folks can not see eachothers activity inside that contact. Is there way to do this??

Short A: No.

Longer A:

Once visibility to a contact is granted there are very few restrictions you can place on further visibility within the actual contact -- i.e., Deal Amount (which actually isn't 'in' the contact record at all).

Considering the excellent new HubSpot Contact UI, this is an especially useful feature you might want to add to the Ideas Forum. Let us know here and we'll upvote it for you.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: We want our sales people to be able to see all contacts but management wants to lock it down where the sales folks can not see eachothers activity inside that contact. Is there way to do this??

Short A: No.

Longer A:

Once visibility to a contact is granted there are very few restrictions you can place on further visibility within the actual contact -- i.e., Deal Amount (which actually isn't 'in' the contact record at all).

Considering the excellent new HubSpot Contact UI, this is an especially useful feature you might want to add to the Ideas Forum. Let us know here and we'll upvote it for you.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
anna-ins
Participante

resolver

Our Managing Director has a similar request - using Teams won't work, unfortunately. He wants all team members to see the Contact and most things on their record - however if there was a particularly sensitive email that he didn't want all staff to see, he'd like to be able to restrict that email (or note or other record) so just management could see it. This is a really important feature I think, so I do hope they come up with something. Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
cjmil
Participante

resolver

We've got a similar requirement, has this changed at all since the original post? We either want to limit what activities appear with a contact, or not allow different sales teams to view specific contacts but still be able to communicate with them from within a deal...

0 Avaliação positiva
sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hey @cjmil 

Thank you for reaching out. I was doing some tests on my own portal and what are you looking to do is not currently possible. The best thing you can do is create a team for those users who needs to reach out to specific contacts from a deal and the owners...

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

Hey @pharilson  to support @MFrankJohnson answer above, please review the following user guide: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/hubspot-user-roles-guide

0 Avaliação positiva