CRM

Emma_S
Participant

Contact View

SOLVE

Hi, since the outlook plugin saves all contacts and emails, if I add on my account some emails addresses in the Never Log settings in Outlook, does it also work across everyone on the account? 

1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Contact View

SOLVE

Hi @Emma_S 

When you add a domain to the Never Log settings, you have the option of blocking the domain for only yourself or for the entire team. 

If you go to SettingsSalesLog emails in CRM 

Click Add email or domain 

If you hover over the right side of the domain or email you blocked, there is an option to Block only for me or Block for everyone.

Never Log SettingsNever Log Settings

As you can see, we were getting a large amount of SPAM from office depot, so we blocked them for All Users.

More detials can be found this this HubSpot article

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the community. Thanks!

-Will

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
willsmith
Solution

Contact View

SOLVE

Hi @Emma_S 

When you add a domain to the Never Log settings, you have the option of blocking the domain for only yourself or for the entire team. 

If you go to SettingsSalesLog emails in CRM 

Click Add email or domain 

If you hover over the right side of the domain or email you blocked, there is an option to Block only for me or Block for everyone.

Never Log SettingsNever Log Settings

As you can see, we were getting a large amount of SPAM from office depot, so we blocked them for All Users.

More detials can be found this this HubSpot article

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the community. Thanks!

-Will

Emma_S
Participant

Contact View

SOLVE

Thankyou, it's been of a steep learning curve for me and now that we need it I couldn't remember how to do it. 

On a similar note, does anyone have a work around to make some contacts hidden from the main users in the system? We'd have some sensitive information sitting our BD space we really want hidden but it could be difference clients and difference client owners? 

0 Upvotes
willsmith

Contact View

SOLVE

Good question @Emma_S 

Have you tried assigning contact owners to contacts? This would be a two step process:

STEP ONE - Assign contacts

1. Filter your contacts (for example: by City) and then select them. 

2. Once selected, go back to the top of the list and click ->Assign

3. Select your team member who should have these contacts.

Filter Select Assign.png

STEP TWO - change permissions

1. In the main navigation, click Settings (gear icon)

2. On the left side menu, select Users & Teams

3. Select a team member by clicking on their name

4. In the first tab labeled Contacts in the drop down menu next to View select Owned only

Change PermissionsChange Permissions

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution and help the HubSpot Community. Thanks!

-Will

0 Upvotes
Emma_S
Participant

Contact View

SOLVE

That'll work if I create different teams based on access to some degree. Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes