CRM

ABrown2
Membre

Contact Type - categories lost

Résolue

I was adding new categories to the Contact Type property and I seem to have accidentally deleted all categories. My admin assistant just spent days assigning Contact Type categories to our whole database and now they are all gone. Is there any way to wind back these changes?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
ABrown2
Solution
Membre

Résolue

Hi Karsten, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, all contacts have lost their contact type values. Thanks for the instructions on winding things back, but we have decided to refine the categories and reassign across the database. 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
2 Réponses
karstenkoehler
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @ABrown2,

When you delete options from a checkboxes or radio select contact property, contacts should still keep their values. These now deleted options can't be assigned anymore or used in filters but the information the contact records is still there. You can check by, for example, creating a list and filter for [property value] is known. (I just tested this in my own portal.)

When you re-add the options, HubSpot should automatically recognize that there are contacts in the system with this value. It will immediately update the number in the "WITH VALUE" column of the property editor.

If that's not the case, I'd suggest following these steps for reverting bulk property changes – it might work: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tips-Tricks-Best-Practices/Reverting-Bulk-Property-Changes-by-Impor...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ABrown2
Solution
Membre

Résolue

Hi Karsten, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, all contacts have lost their contact type values. Thanks for the instructions on winding things back, but we have decided to refine the categories and reassign across the database. 

0 Votes